Chapter 19: SCP-939

A few days have passed and the Wolves Task Force is now on another mission. This time, an allegation regarding a deliberate Serpent's Hand attack. There were reports of a facility, where they housed certain Keter-Class SCPs, being attacked by the Serpent's Hand soldiers in an attempt to set them free.

"Are we going to be dealing with these guys often?" Dustin asked.

"Wherever the Serpent's Hand attacks, we're going to meet them there." Riley answered. "If they attack us like this, they must be planning something big."

"How many other enemies does the Foundation have?" Freddie asked, curious.

"Let's not focus on that now." Riley answered, not wanting the group to learn about them yet. "Right now, we're dealing with the Serpent's Hand. That's all you need to focus on."

Then the corporal's radio came to life, with the captain's voice on the other end.

"Corporal, do you copy?" Captain Polonskaya asked.

"Yes, ma'am." Riley answered. "I read you loud and clear."

"Alright, good..." the captain started to explain. "I'm only going to be sending you in the facility, since the rest of my men are killed in the last operation. You wouldn't have backup for the entire mission."

"What is our mission exactly, ma'am?" Riley asked.

"You're going to help in possible recontainment of the SCPs that are housed in the facility." the captain answered. "If containment is deemed impossible, then leave and inform me. You are also going to capture any Serpent's Hand member you see. That is, if you see any. Understand?"

"Copy all, ma'am." Riley answered. "Corporal Riley, out."

The conversation ended there, as the radio deactivated.

"She's sending us in without any other people with us?" Dustin asked. "Isn't that personnel neglect or something?"

"The captain's having a hard time. Don't question her orders." Riley rebuked the athlete. "It's hard to lose most of your soldiers in one go."

"Yeah, that's a hard thing to deal with..." Freddie agreed.

"Right... I'm sorry..." Dustin apologised. "I'm still just... not used to this kinda thing yet..."

"Besides, we all made it this far." Riley reminded. "We're still holding strong, even after what they throw at us."

"Yeah, we handled SCP-106, right?" Cunningham said. "If we can handle him, we can handle whatever the Foundation throws at us!"

"That's the spirit!" Riley agreed.

"Yeah, come on, we can do this!" Drista spoke.

"Alright, I guess I'm with ya." Dustin replied.

"Then that's all of us agreeing?" Riley asked.

"Not all of us." Dustin answered, flicking his head to the right side.

The group looked to see that Adrian was sleeping, sitting down and leaning to the metal housing of the helicopter. Riley was a bit irritated by this, so he thought to wake him up.

He activated his radio, then changed frequencies and channels to reach Adrian's radio. He got to his radio and took a deep breath.

"Wake up!" Riley shouted through the radio.

With the corporal's combined voice echoing inside the helicopter and the ringing through the joker's radio, to no surprise, he woke up. In doing so, he also fell down to the helicopter floor.