Chapter 44: SCP-1983

The strike team were being transported to the location of the SCP. It had been a few hours since their capture, which felt like an eternity.

The strike team all had different emotions regarding the recent events:

Riley and Athena were uneasy as to what the site director's intentions were;

Cunningham was in a state of despair after seeing her best friend killed right in front of her;

And Dustin was still enraged after all the hardships that the site director had put him through.

They were all in the back of one of the three Foundation vans and a deafening silence had plagued them, with Cunningham's silent crying mixed in.

"Fucking hell..." Dustin sighed. "That's what this is, fucking hell on earth..."

"Dustin, don't be like that." Athena said to the athlete. "You guys didn't come here alone, right? Surely they would--"

"Thea, just stop." Dustin interjected. "Stop trying to make this situation light-hearted. Don't you fucking see what's happening to us?"

"You watch your tone, Dustin." Riley rebuked the athlete.

"No, fuck that." Dustin countered. "I don't think we have any sort of escape here. That fucking bitch of a site director is taking us somewhere to kill us off!"

"Dustin..." Athena persisted.

"Thea, just... just don't..." Dustin sighed, slowly calming himself down. "Sorry, I'm just fucking tired of all this bullshit..."

"I understand..." Athena accepted the athlete's apology. "But... you really need to control your anger..."

"Yeah, I know..."

"Athena, by any chance do you know where he's taking us?" Riley asked the researcher.

"If the site director told us the location of the SCP, then I'm afraid we have a problem..." Athena answered. "It might be SCP-1983..."

"What?" Riley reacted. "I thought that SCP was neutralised."

"It was, but... upon further research, the site director noticed that it was still active." Athena replied. "I guess... this might be the end of us."

"Just hoping that the others noticed us going missing..." Riley sighed. "Only then, we might have a chance."

The deafening silence returned. Dustin looked over to his right and he saw Cunningham, her head hung, still crying. A sight he didn't expect nor wanted to see.

"Umm... A-Ari...?" Dustin tried to speak with her. "Are you oka--"

Without warning, Cunningham immediately hugged Dustin, then dug in his shoulder and continued crying. The athlete hugged her back, patting her back in an effort to calm her down.

"A-Ari?" Dustin asked again, not knowing what to say.

"I... I miss him already..." Cunningham spoke between tears. "I miss Greg..."

"I-I know, Ari..." Dustin responded.

"I... I don't wanna lose anyone else..." Cunningham continued. "I don't wanna lose you, Dustin..."

The athlete was surprised to hear that, even though he had heard those words before.

"Don't worry, I'm not going anywhere." Dustin reassured her. "We're going to get back at the site director, for Greg."

"Y-Yeah..." Cunningham replied, still tearing up. "For Greg..."

-----