Chapter 9: SCP-387

Freddie and Drista were selected by Athena for the testing of an SCP, that had been proven to greatly improve staff morale. They were walking towards the testing room of the SCP.

"So, what's this test all about?" Drista asked.

"Well, I know you guys are exhausted from your field missions so, I had convinced a test for you two." Athena answered, with a light giggle at the end. "Don't worry, this SCP is classified as Safe, and it poses no considerable threat."

"Well, that's reassuring." Drista responded.

"May I ask why you chose me and Drista for this?" Freddie asked. "Not that I'm against the choice or anything, but I'm only curious."

"Oh, it's just that we only needed two people for the test." Athena answered. "And you two are the first people I can think of."

"I see..." Freddie responded.

"I feel personally targeted right now." Drista saw through Athena's dialogue.

"Oh, why's that, Drista?" Athena asked. "You know, if you have any complications or complaints, I could ask someone else."

"Wait, no!" Drista raised her voice, before realising what she said. "I mean, I don't have any problems with this. It's fine..."

Athena couldn't help but smile to herself as the tomboy blushed in embarrassment.

"Anyways, we're here." Athena announced as the two came to a door to a testing room.

Athena opened the door with her keycard and the three went inside. The room was fairly large, with enough space to run around. This was a experiment room, dedicated to an SCP.

"I had convinced Researcher Durham for this experiment on an SCP." Athena informed the others. "It took me quite a while to convince her so I could document the--"

"Is that a Lego town over there?"

Drista noticed a small town, in the centre of the testing room, made entirely of Lego blocks, and it was on the floor.

"Yeah, it is, Drista." Athena answered.

With that, Drista immediately went over to the small Lego town. She seemed very fascinated about the town, not just that, she was ecstatic. She looked at the town from different angles.

"So, what's this test all about?" Freddie asked Athena.

"Well, it does involve that Lego town over there." Athena answered. "That is a society built from SCP-387, or 'Living Lego'."

"And what does this SCP do exactly?" Freddie asked again.

"Well, nothing much." Athena answered, starting to explain. "Once that a human starts building any shape from the Lego blocks, the creations begin to animate. Prior testing showed that it improved staff morale greatly, and since you two seemed exhausted from your field missions, I had convinced Researcher Durham to let me have this experimentation room, just so I can document the results of the SCP towards you."

"I see..." Freddie responded.

"Anyways, I need Drista to be here, just so I can tell you both the instructions." Athena pointed out. "Could you call her here, Freddie?"

"Alright." Freddie replied.

Freddie turned around, just to find that the tomboy was still looking at the Lego town.

"Drista, could you come here for a minute?" Freddie called out to the tomboy. "Athena's going to give the instructions."

"Okay, be right there." Drista responded.