Chapter 49: SCP-1150-RU

Drista and Dustin were playing basketball in the court of the site's field. They were playing by themselves as the others had other things to do. Drista had practiced a bit before facing Dustin, so the athlete noticed some improvements.

"Alright, looks like you're getting better." Dustin commented. "My advice worked, huh?"

"Yeah, kinda did..." Drista responded.

"Well, you're improving in shooting hoops, but let's try your defense." Dustin said.

"What do you mean?"

"Just try and keep up with me."

Dustin grabbed the ball from the ground and began to dribble it. He had gotten to a fair distance away from where the tomboy was standing and prepared his signature moves.

"Alright, just try and keep up, Drista." Dustin called out. "Just don't try too hard. I don't want you to hurt yourself."

"I'll be fine." Drista called back. "I'm not a baby."

"Just giving you a heads up before you start whining." Dustin replied. "I don't want you making a scene."

"Just get on with it already!"

"Alright then..."

A few seconds pass, and the athlete started to dribble the ball then started to advance. Drista was to block him from the basketball hoop, so she went ahead to block his path.

With the athlete's path blocked, he quickly thought of a way to get around the tomboy. He did a few crossover dribbles and as expected, the tomboy was swaying her body to match his.

"Think fast." Dustin spoke.

"Huh?"

Dustin swayed faster, to which the tomboy responded by matching his momentum. Then he swayed further to his right and stopped, to which the tomboy tried to match his stance. However, she lost her balance and fell to the ground.

"Oww..." Drista said.

With the tomboy out of the way, he swiftly went over to the basketball hoop and shot the basketball towards it. The ball went in, and he went to catch it before it touched the ground.

"And that's what we call in the b-ball business, an ankle breaker." Dustin spoke up. "The main goal being breaking some idiot's ankles."

Whilst he was saying that, he went over to the tomboy and helped her up.

"Is that even allowed in basketball?" Drista asked.

"Yeah, it's allowed." Dustin answered. "Basketball players do it all the time. I'm surprised you didn't know that."

"Well, I just found it interesting a few days ago." Drista replied. "Just go easy on me for a bit."

"Still, you're getting better." Dustin commented. "Little more and maybe we can play a proper match of this."

"Yeah, maybe..."

"Hello, you two."

The two looked to see Athena walk up to them, clipboard in hand. She was now wearing her glasses, that had been repaired a few days back.

"Hey, Thea." Dustin greeted. "Are your glasses doing alright?"

"Yes, the UV adhesive is very convenient and durable." Athena answered. "It's as if my glasses were never broken."

"Glad to hear it." Dustin responded.

"Anyways, what brings you here, Athena?" Drista asked.

"Well, I wanted to ask one of you for some tests with an SCP." Athena answered. "It's a Safe-Class SCP, don't worry. So, I just wanted to ask if one of you would like to accompany me."