Chapter 106: SCP-001 [Dr. Clef]

In a remote location within Mesopotamia, a D-Class was stationed in front of a giant burning being, with slightly more than one kilometre measured between them.

The burning being was a humanoid entity, approximately seven hundred cubits in height. At the moment, it had four luminous wings, which is observed to change from two to one hundred and eight.

It also possessed a weapon, which seemed to be a sword or a knife, which it also burned as bright as everything else.

"Alright, I'm here..." the D-Class informed the stationed researcher about his order. "What now?"

"Can you see what the SCP's currently doing?"

The D-Class then looked back at the burning being, standing still with its head bent downwards, looking at its weapon. The D-Class then spoke to the researcher again.

"Uhh... it's just standing there, looking down..."

"Alright, move forward." the researcher then ordered the D-Class. "We need to see how it reacts to any human contact."

"Okay then..."

With that command, the D-Class walked towards the burning being, slowly closing the distance between them. After walking a considerable distance, the burning being then moved its head, now looking at the approaching D-Class.

"Woah..."

"What happened?"

"Yeah, uh... it moved." the D-Class responded through the radio. "It's now... looking at me. It's kinda terrifying."

"Don't mind it." the researcher responded. "Keep moving forward."

"Uh... o-okay..."

As the D-Class took a few more steps, something had stopped him: a commanding voice in his head.

"Leave."

Upon hearing the commanding voice in his head, he stopped in his tracks for a moment, then suddenly turned around and walked away from the SCP.

"What are you doing?" the researcher asked, confused by this. "Why are you walking away from it?"

"I'm not getting any closer to that... thing!" the D-Class protested. "I'm not doing it!"

"As I've said before, any form of insubordination will result in termination. So... I would advise you to--"

"You can't make me get any closer!"

"Alright, your choice."

After a few more steps, a high-calibre bullet zoomed towards the D-Class, piercing through his skull. He fell limp to the ground, blood pouring from the back of his head.

A few personnel then walked up to the dead D-Class, with the researcher to monitor them. After a few moments, a bright light emerged and seemingly obliterated the personnel present by an unseen force.

-----

A Few Days Later

Another researcher had put together two more experiments with the SCP. For the first, he and a few other personnel had prepared a remote-operated research robot, directed to approach the SCP on the ground.

"Alright, looks like everything's all set." the researcher muttered to himself. "Everyone, let'shead back. Let the robot do the work for us."

"Yes, sir."

With that, the personnel fled back into the site, and the researcher assumed control of the robot. Its camera became active, looking directly at the SCP, still burning in the air.