Chapter 126: Dr. Clef

"Thea... why?"

The athlete is currently inside his containment cell, as per imprisonment for his insubordination and misusing the witch child for his own gain.

His containment cell was a simple padded room, with a mattress and a door leading to a restroom. For him, this is a familiar sight, he had been here before.

The athlete walked to the nearest wall and punched it, followed by a few more.

"Why, Thea?" the athlete shouted. "Goddammit! Why? Why? Why the fuck would you do that? I... I just... wanted her back..."

The athlete turned around and sat down, leaning against the wall. He sighed, knowing he couldn't do anything else in his current situation.

"I just want to see her again..."

The athlete started to breathe deeply, closing his eyes. A few seconds after he had done so, he saw a red light in front of him.

"What... the hell?"

"Get yourself ready. Prepare yourself, my son."

"The fuck are you talking about?"

"Prepare, my son. You have time to do so."

"What the fuck are you on about? Answer me, dammit!"

"Prepare yourself."

The athlete shot his eyes open and took a few breaths. He looked forwards and he immediately saw that there was someone there with him.

"You..."

"Hm? Oh, Christ... it's you."

The athlete knew who it was as he saw him; it was the witch child's pursuer, Doctor Clef, sitting down across from him on the other side of the cell and being healed from most of his injuries.

"What the hell are you doing here?" the athlete asked.

"Hey, don't you talk to me like that, kid." the sinister doctor riposted. "I'm not gonna be here for long, they're just making space for my own cell. So until then... why don't we get along?"

"As fucking if..." the athlete replied. "You're the entire reason of that lockdown, I know that. Then, you used that to hunt down a kid, and now you expect me to get along with you? Not a chance."

"Yeah, I'm here because of that fucking lockdown..." the sinister doctor sneered. "So why the hell are you here then? If you're such a saint, surely you shouldn't even be near here."

"I..." the athlete then stopped himself. "Why the hell do you care?"

"Yeah, you're not so virtuous now, are ya?" the sinister doctor chuckled. "Where did all that bite go? At least I'm honest with myself..."

The athlete looked downwards, not willing to answer the sinister doctor's question.

"Well, if you're not gonna answer me, then I'll just answer for you." the sinister doctor spoke up. "It has something to do with the kid, right? Wanted something from her?"

The athlete glared at the sinister doctor.

"Jesus Christ, kid, what the fuck is wrong with you?" the sinister doctor sighed. "Don't you fucking see that she's dangerous?"

"She's just a kid!" the athlete answered back. "She doesn't mean any harm at all!"

"But given the right circumstances, she's gonna destroy humanity and the known universe as we know it!" the sinister doctor responded. "Trust me, kid, I've been at this for long while. I know danger when I see it, because whatever she thinks of, will happen."