Chapter 136: SCP-1609

"So... Xiao, how is the interrogation?"

"Sir, he still wouldn't talk, but we've negotiated a couple of times. Maybe a couple more of this and--"

"What?" the commando interjected. "You've been negotiating with him?"

"Yes, sir... I mean, that's good, right?"

"Xiao, our main objective was to break him, not to bend a knee to him!" the commando sternly told the younger Chinese operative. "You've done this all wrong!"

"I-I'm sorry, sir... I'm just..."

"No, you're done." the commando interjected. "I'll find someone else that can do this job better. Back to your post, understand?"

"Y-Yes, sir..."

With that, the younger Chinese operative went back to where the other members of Hoplite Two were. The commando was still frustrated at himself, wanting the interrogation to be done as he hoped.

"Great, just great..." the commando muttered to himself. "Now she just made his ego through the goddamn roof... fuck's sake."

"Edmund, there you are..."

He felt his heart drop after hearing that female voice, he thought that he wouldn't hear that voice for a while.

"Oh god..." he sighed to himself.

"Come on, face me while I'm talking to you. We've been over this multiple times, little brother."

"You know, I wished that you'd stop calling me that."

"But that's the truth. Now, I'll say again, turn around."

The commando sighed and reluctantly turned around to face the woman talking to him.

The woman had blonde hair, blue, eyes, fair skin and was slightly taller than the commando; she was known as Melanie Castle, serving as an ambassador to the Foundation from the Global Occult Coalition.

She was wearing the same outfit as the rest of the operatives.

"Much better." she smiled. "Look at you, you haven't changed a bit since I last saw you."

"Yeah... because if I did, you wouldn't recognise me..."

"Very funny, little brother..." the ambassador responded with a deadpan tone. "So... how are things?"

"Well, I still got shit to worry about..." the commando answered. "None of which concerns you."

"Is that so?" the ambassador asked. "Then how come I heard something about an interrogation with that other operative of yours?"

"You heard that?"

"Yes, but you're very rude to her when she didn't do as you intended..." the ambassador then sighed. "Tell me, what was your plan?"

"You don't understand..." the commando answered. "We're trying to get something out of him, a location of his base, just so we could get our two operatives back from the Foundation!"

"Right... I heard about that too..." the ambassador understood. "They were both captured recently, right?"

"Yeah..." the commando reluctantly nodded. "I just... want them back, both of them. Those bastards have to."

"And that's why I'm here..." the ambassador responded. "So... how about this... I'll talk with the Foundation about the matter, and if that doesn't work, then you can go ahead and let off some steam."

"This is bigger than that." the commando responded. "For all we know, those bastards had killed them both already!"

"I'll find that out for myself..." the ambassador responded. "If it did come to that, then, and only then, will you lead an attack. Until their response arrives, you'll just have to leave it up to me."