Chapter 46: SCP-1005

A few days after...

"Well, we're back here..." Dustin sighed to himself.

Dustin was walking around the site on his own, just for him to get used to the layout of the site again. He had thought about what had happened, and what might happen.

"Least the general's pretty chill about me..." Dustin sighed in relief. "That's a plus, I guess... but what's gonna happen from now...?"

Dustin pondered about that thought for a few moments whilst walking around the hallways of the site.

"Guess I don't know till I get there..." Dustin sighed. "Hope that last director is going through hell right now. He should..."

"Dustin..."

Upon hearing a deep male voice, he had reflexively turned around. He looked around his surroundings, but no one was present in the scene.

"Who's there?" Dustin asked. "This isn't funny, Adrian!"

"You cannot escape your past..."

Dustin turned around again, and looked around. Same as before, no one else was present in the hallways.

"Wha?" Dustin blurted.

"You cannot escape your past..."

The phrase had repeated multiple times, sometimes even layering over each other. Dustin closed his eyes, took a few deep breaths and tried to calm down.

After a few moments, the voices stopped and opened his eyes. He only saw the empty hallway he was in.

"What the fuck was that...?" Dustin asked himself, then he sighed. "Maybe I should take a break or something for a bit..."

With that, the athlete started to walk to his room to try and rest after everything that had happened to him.

-----

"I'm glad nothing bad happened to you, Athena." Durham said to her assistant. "I was so worried about you."

"Yeah, I thought I was dead too..." Athena replied. "I'm just glad that the others saved me..."

Athena and Durham were scheduled for testing with a Safe-Class SCP. They were only bringing a water bottle, carrying a liter of water inside.

"Okay, so what SCP are we checking with today?" Athena asked.

"We'll be running a few tests with a Safe-Class SCP; SCP-1005." Durham answered. "And Athena... you know you don't have to accompany me..."

"I'm certain I can handle a test with an SCP." Athena reassured.

"Well, if you're certain..." Durham sighed.

Then a few heavy knocks were heard, originating from the office door. Athena went over and opened the door, which revealed Adrian catching his breath.

"Hey... hey Athena..." Adrian greeted.

"Adrian, what happened to you?" Athena asked.

"Listen, Riley made me run the obstacle course because he told me I was lacking... so I ran through it..." Adrian explained. "Whew - an absolute workout..."

"Well, just glad you're here..." Athena spoke.

"You... you got any water?" Adrian asked.

"None to spare." Athena answered.

"But... there's a bottle of water right there..."

Adrian pointed to the water bottle atop Durham's desk. He entered the office and went over to the water bottle, but Athena was trying her hardest to stop him.