Chapter 162: Brooklyn Brawl

"Everyone stay calm, you don't want to be the hero here."

"Brother, where should they be placed?"

"Over there somewhere, hell if I care."

The cultist nodded as he and a few others forcibly ushered another group of civilians somewhere within the museum. Alongside that, a second wave of responders had just arrived to support the first, all parked outside of the structure.

"These bastards just won't let up..."

The athlete walked towards the entrance of the museum, which was guarded by a small group of cultists, taking cover with its doorway.

"Brother, they just keep coming." one of the cultists spoke up. "There could be more on the way, we should be done with the ritual as soon as possible."

"No, this can't be rushed." the athlete responded. "Besides, I still have to find the spear before this gets way too hectic."

"Well, it would be wise if you could find it soon, brother."

"Yeah, but until then, watch them for me." the athlete responded. "Don't let any of them disrupt the ritual. In fact, make them a part of it."

"Of course, brother."

The cultists continued to stand guard, whilst the athlete moved deeper into the museum to find the sixth spear. He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, then tried to concentrate.

He could feel a faint presence within the museum, all he had to do was to locate where the presence is strongest.

"This could take a while..." the athlete muttered to himself. "Whatever, as long as no one here fucks up, that wouldn't matter..."

-----

"We're taking this here? Brooklyn?"

"That's where he is, so that's where we'll catch him." the captain answered. "The colonel's confident that we'll catch him here."

"Right... so how're we gonna handle this?"

"As well as we can." the captain responded. "We'll try to keep this under control, coordinate with the local responders as much as you can."

"Roger that, ma'am..." the joker then looked at the recruits. "Alright guys, I know you're tired... but we gotta get Portnow back with us."

"Ah, didn't we do so well last time?" the Australian recruit groaned. "It ain't gonna change whether we're tired or not."

"And since we did so well last time, I'm sure he's not gonna hold anything back." the joker responded. "He's got his buddies with him after all."

"Won't be an issue..."

"Just don't kill him, alright?"

"Right..."

"Pavelski, you two busy sightseeing?"

"Uh... a bit, sir..." the Polish-American recruit responded, whilst the nervousrecruit simply nodded. "It's a bit thrilling to get to be here."

"Well, just remember what we're here for."

"Yes, sir." the Polish-American recruit nodded then looked outside the window again. "Look, there's the Statue of Liberty!"

"Woah..."

"Anyway... how're you holding up, Iris?"

"Yeah, I'm okay." the teenage girl nodded, then yawned. "Just a bit tired..."