Chapter 84: SCP-835-JP

A guard was walking around the site's interior at night. He was making sure that everything in the site was in order, as his job would suggest.

"Right, I should be done for the night..." the guard said to himself. "Everything looks to be alright here..."

He went through a hallway to continue his rounds when he noticed that one of the lights were flickering.

"Huh? The light's busted?" the guard noticed, looking up at the flickering light. "I guess I'll get the electrician to fix it in the morning..."

He took a few more steps in the hallway when suddenly, he heard a sound of glass breaking nearby and a faint darkness. He quickly turned around to see that the light was shut off.

"What the hell?" the guard reacted. "How did that happen?"

Before he could do anything else, he noticed that the hallway was gradually getting dimmer. He turned around again and saw that the remaining lights were being shut off one by one.

Out of fear, he had his hand on his sidearm, ready to equip it when the need arises.

"Who's out here?" the guard asked aloud. "I swear to god, if you're an SCP, come on out in front of me where I can see you."

He received no answer in return. He walked a few paces forwards whilst slowly equipping his sidearm and pointing it in front of him.

"Hey, I said come on out." the guard spoke again, hoping he would receive any sort of response. "Don't make me-"

Before he could finish speaking, he felt something sharp stab his back, whilst a hand covered his mouth to avoid him making a sound. The sharp object was removed and it was then used to slit the guard's throat, slowly killing him.

After making sure that the guard was dead, an unseen force had dragged his body into an unknown fate, hidden in the darkness of the hallway.

-----

It was now the next morning, Athena and Durham were spending their free time by walking around the site, until they had new orders from the chief researcher or the site director.

"So, did you successfully contact him with Iris' help?" Durham asked her assistant, curious about the result of her plan.

"Yes, even she was surprised as well..." Athena nodded. "However, we still need to devise a plan to get him out somehow... like we did before..."

"We'll get there sometime soon, Athena..." the researcher reassured. "Right now, we have to get the site director's trust..."

"You're right..." Athena agreed. "I doubt it would be easy to do so..."

"Nothing was ever easy when working in the Foundation, Athena..." the researcher responded. "Everything here is very specific and meticulous..."

"Right..." Athena replied. "Anyways, do we have any..."

Athena's speech had trailed off and her pace had slowed. The researcher was a bit confused, until she noticed why her assistant acted the way she did.

In an adjacent hallway, there was a large pool of blood in front of them. There was no dead body nor any sign of its origination, so this sight slightly scared them.

"Why is there blood here?" Athena asked.

"I don't know either, Athena..." the researcher answered. "I wonder what or who could've done this..."