Chapter 107: SCP-2399

October 8, 1665

A man was observing the night sky on an observation point near his home. He was looking around the night sky with his telescope, when he noticed something that caught his attention.

"Hm? What is this?"

He noticed a star of a great luminescence, moving at a great speed across the sky. He began to observe this star as it raced past the outer planets of the solar system. As it reached Jupiter, it seemed to make a sharp turn, then disappeared into the planet.

As it disappeared, he then noticed a few bursts of light emerge from the red gas giant. He proceeded to observe the vicinity until sunrise, to which he saw no more disturbances in the sky.

"I have to tell Peter about this..."

-----

One Week Later

"Giovanni, what exactly am I supposed to be seeing?"

"Keep scanning through your looking glass. You will know what I am referring to soon enough."

The man, Giovanni, had brought his friend, Peter, to his observation point, after having told him about the star he saw the week before. They were scanning along Jupiter, as the star had affected it somehow.

"Giovanni, are you ill that night?" Peter asked his friend. "We have been here for a short while now, but I have not seen anything that is of interest."

"I was not ill that night, Peter..." Giovanni answered. "I am telling you the truth, I did see a star nearby Jupiter."

"I see..." the friend responded. "Although, I still have my doubts, since I do not know exactly what I am looking for..."

"It should be here somewhere..." the man then noticed something through his telescope. "Peter?"

"Yes?"

"Jupiter does not have a giant red spot, correct?"

"Well, no..." Peter shook his head. "I do not recall it having a red spot..."

"Then... how come there is?"

Peter then looked through his telescope again, now noticing Jupiter's newly discovered red spot. The two were at awe, observing this new discovery; the red gas giant, only possessing bands of colours, now had a newly formed a great red spot.

"Is this reality?" Peter asked in disbelief. "This has got to be a dream!"

"Peter, you are fully awake." Giovanni turned to him. "I will take note of our new discovery."

-----

Three Days Later

Giovanni was observing the red gas giant through his telescope, with the newly formed red spot nearby his sight. After a little while of silent observation, he noticed something peculiar.

"What is that I am seeing?"

He noticed that there were explosions and starbursts, all happening around the vicinity of the red spot. He stopped looking through his telescope and rubbed his eyes, then looked through it again.

"Hmm... it does seem to be real..." he muttered to himself. "I have never seen this before, there has been no record of this in the astronomy books and pages. I have to tell Peter about this in the morrow. He has to know."