Chapter 110: SCP-2935

Dustin had been walking for two weeks in the seemingly post-apocalyptic landscape. All he had done was walk and look around his barren surroundings, trying his hardest to survive in this environment.

He had arrived at an abandoned Foundation facility hours prior, where he was currently seeking shelter. He got inside an office before sitting down on an office chair.

"I'll just take a short break here..." the athlete said to himself as he sat down. "Been walking for a while..."

A few seconds after he had done so, his radio had come to life, with Durham's voice on the other end.

"Are you at Site-81 already?"

"Yeah, I'm here..." the athlete answered, beginning to laze back on the office chair. "The place's dead..."

"Yes, and it should stay that way." the researcher responded, her voice becoming noticeably spiteful. "The Foundation had done so much wrong to me, I'm sure you understand that."

"I hear that..." the athlete agreed. "Though I have to ask, did you do all of this? Were you the reason that everything went to shit?"

"It's a long story, that I would refrain from telling you." the researcher answered. "You should get going now, you should be able to see the cave outside."

"Hang on, Iris... let me relax for a bit." the athlete spoke up. "Just give me about ten minutes and I'll get back on my feet."

"I wouldn't be so sure on relaxing... you told me about those settlers a week ago."

"Those people were fucking with me, not the other way around." the athlete immediately riposted. "Come on, I didn't know what to think."

"How much ammunition do you still have?"

"Got one magazine left..." the athlete answered. "Using it on my gun right now, and I dunno if there's any more nearby."

"You'll need all the ammunition that you currently have, so it would be wise for you to conserve it. Once you're done with your short break, you should--"

The radio had suddenly cut off the researcher's speech, to which the athlete immediately noticed.

"Iris? Iris, you still there?" the athlete asked, then sighed. "Did her radio lose battery...? Shit."

The athlete lazed back on the chair once more, kicking his feet up on the nearby desk. He then stared up at the ceiling, thinking on his next move.

"She said something about a cave nearby..." the athlete responded. "Maybe she knows that it'll get me back home, or something... I hope so."

He looked around the office, and noticed that it was derelict for some time. He then noticed a nearby folder on the desk, which he picked it up and read its contents. He noticed that most of the words were redacted, and a writing at the back of the paper.

He flipped the paper around and read the writing: "She is lying to you."

"Did Iris get these guys here too?" the athlete asked himself. "Probably, everything's gone to shit in here..."

He waited for a few more minutes, until he stood up from the chair.

"Alright, we're all good..." the athlete muttered to himself. "Now to find that cave... wherever that could be..."

The athlete then walked out of the room and walked towards the nearest exit, leading him outside. He looked around for a moment, and he laid his eyes on a cave entrance.

"That should be it..."

The athlete walked to the cave entrance, but stopped to inspect it first.

"Pretty dark down there..." the athlete muttered to himself, looking inside the cave. "Shame I don't have a damn flashlight..."