Chapter 10: SCP-610

The group were on another field mission. They were on their helicopter, on their way to another facility, to assist the platoons stationed in deterring a containment breach.

"Where are we headed?" Freddie asked.

"Better question, where are we dropping?" Adrian added.

"We're heading to a nearby facility, because they called for assistance." Riley answered. "There's platoons stationed there, but they couldn't handle it themselves."

"So, they're calling for a bunch of rookies like us?" Dustin responded.

"Yeah, that doesn't sound right." Drista added. "Doesn't the Foundation have any elite forces at all? Why couldn't they do this and save us the trouble?"

"The Foundation's elite forces are on their own missions right now." Riley replied. "We're kinda the first response team. Besides, you guys are doing well so far."

"Touching down now." the pilot announced to the group. "Grab your stuff and go."

"Thanks for the notif, Pat." Riley thanked the pilot, then turned to the group. "You heard the man, lock and load."

The group got their SOPMOD M4A1 rifles and prepared to go outside. The helicopter touched down near the stationed platoons and the group went out.

The helicopter then left to go back to the Foundation, to refuel. The group were in a forest, and the facility was near them.

"We have to meet with the commanding officer, just so our orders are clear." Riley told the group. "Follow me, and don't get lost."

"Got it." the group responded.

The group followed Riley through the forest and into the clearing near the facility. There they saw a female, presumably the commander, talking to one soldier.

She was wearing the usual Foundation agent uniform: navy blue uniform with the Foundation logo on the left sleeve, black vest with 'SCP' on it, black pads, and black boots. She was of average height and unlike the other soldiers, she didn't have a helmet, which revealed her medium blonde hair.

The group went up to her, to see if their assumption was correct.

"Excuse me, ma'am, are you the commander of this field operation?" Riley asked her.

She turned around, so the group can see her face. She had blue eyes and fair skin.

"Who's asking?" she asked, with a noticeable Slavic accent.

"We're the quick response team, ma'am." Riley answered. "We're here since you have called for assistance from the Foundation."

"I see..." she understood. "I presume you don't know who I am yet, da?"

"Um... yes, ma'am." Riley answered.

"I'm Captain Anastasia Polonskaya." she introduced herself. "You are to refer to me as such. Understood?"

"Yes, ma'am." Riley answered.

The captain then noticed that the four didn't have any helmets, unlike the other soldiers under her command.

"Why aren't you wearing helmets?" Polonskaya asked the four.

"I apologise, but we couldn't work that well with helmets on, ma'am." Freddie answered. "We tried once but it's too bulky for us."

"It's way too heavy for us, ma'am." Drista added.

"Are you that confident in yourselves that you can't afford to wear protective gear?" Polonskaya sneered.