Chapter 91: Dr. Bright

"Wait... General Brooks?" Adrian asked. "Is that really you?"

"Actually... it's Colonel Brooks now..." she replied, downcast. "The O5 Council sanctioned me, got suspended, and they took my star away. Can you believe that?"

It was indeed Harper Brooks, with her demoted rank of colonel. She had been reinstated in field command of the site, as her suspension had been lifted.

"That sucks..." the joker replied. "Can't relate at all though."

"Hey, you watch your mouth, private!" the colonel spoke up, rebuking the joker. "Even though I got demoted, I'm still in charge! I didn't call you here to insult me!"

"Alright, sorry... my bad..." the joker surrendered. "So... um... how did your suspension go?"

"Terrible." the colonel answered. "They made me do paperwork, disciplinary training, and other boring shit..."

"Ma'am, you should also realise that you are under probation by the council." the captain reminded her superior. "Just so they can observe your every move."

"Jeez, they don't have anything better to do?" the colonel groaned. "They just sit around and watch random people? They're just creepy as fuck."

"They oversee the entire Foundation, ma'am..." the captain sighed, as if she needs to explain herself again. "Which is why they sanctioned you in the first place..."

"So... um... am I supposed to be here or what?" Iris spoke up. "Like, what is it that me and Adrian need to know?"

"Iris, this meeting doesn't concern you..." the captain answered. "We only wanted to speak to Adrian about this matter."

"Yeah, who even are you anyway?" the colonel asked the teenage girl. "I've never seen you before."

"That's SCP-105, ma'am... or Iris Thompson..." the captain answered. "She arrived on site a short while ago..."

"Yeah, me and her are basically besties." Adrian added, putting an arm around her.

"Yeah! We're besties!" Iris smiled, putting her own arm around the joker.

"Alright, well, there goes the introduction..." the colonel answered. "So what else did I miss when I was suspended?"

"Well..."

Before the captain could utter a proper answer, the door to the spare laboratory had opened seemingly independently, and a man holding a chainsaw had walked inside.

He had messy brown hair, green eyes, fair skin and was of average height. He was wearing the complete Foundation researcher uniform, and donned an ornate amulet made from various materials. As he walked in, he had a panicked expression.

"Everyone, panic!" the man spoke up to the four. "There's a Keter SCP on the loose in the site!"

"W-What?" the teenage girl reacted. "Adrian, what's he talking about?"

"He's saying that there's a dangerous SCP on the loose!" Adrian answered, also panicking.

"Jesus Christ, I just got back from suspension and I'm dealing with this now?" the colonel stood up and equipped her sidearm. "We should end this thing here before it could cause more trouble!"

"Everyone, calm down..." the captain told everyone. "There's no-"

"Captain, a researcher's saying that there's a Keter on the loose! And they know more than we do!" the colonel told her subordinate and turned to the panicked researcher. "Where's the SCP right now?"

"Over there, by those equipment!" the doctor pointed at an overflowing amount of obsolete hardware inside a cardboard box. "They've been infected by a computer virus that's gonna remotely kill us, and we can only stop it is by destroying those equipment!"