Chapter 12: SCP-682

"Good luck." Riley said.

"You guys too." Dustin replied.

With that, Dustin started to go deeper into the sewer. All of a sudden, some shaking can be felt in the sewer. The shaking caused the rubble from above completely covered the hole in the sewer.

The shaking then stopped, and Dustin looked back. He had no other light source, other than the tactical light from his M4A1 rifle.

"This shitshow's getting worse and worse by the minute..." Dustin sighed to himself, his voice echoing.

He was treading through the sewage water, only affecting his feet, making his boots wet. He came to a small ledge, which connects to the rest of the sewers.

He slowly dropped from the ledge, with a splash of water beneath his feet. He looked around, and the sewers were spacious. He was in the main sections of the sewers.

The main section was spacious, with pathways reminiscent of normal hallways and the stream of sewage water running down the middle. Dustin looked around, getting his bearings by pointing his lights to every direction.

"Alright..." Dustin's voice echoed in the sewers. "On my own, cold... probably hungry, time to try and get out of the sewers."

Dustin walked a fair distance from the small ledge he had jumped from, walking down the concrete passageway on either side of the stream of water. Only silence was present, other than the sounds of running water, the athlete's boots on every step, and his slow breathing.

All of a sudden, Dustin's radio came to life, with the corporal's voice on the other line.

"Dustin, good news." Riley told the athlete through the radio. "The captain decided to let us pull out from the facility."

"That's really good news, man." Dustin replied. "Now I'll just focus on getting out of here."

"Yeah, good luck with that." Riley said.

"Same for you guys." Dustin responded.

The conversation ended and Dustin was now focused on getting out of the sewers, by orders from the captain herself.

The shaking then occurred again, but it was stronger than the prior ones he felt with the group, as if the cause of all the shaking is happening near him.

Then he saw something peculiar.

He saw a large figure, presumably a reptile, dashing on all fours whilst growling, causing the entire facility to shake. Dustin quickly shined his light on the figure, but he couldn't reach it in time, and only noticed a tail, slithering away into the darkness.

He was utterly unnerved by this.

"What the fuck?" Dustin whispered to himself. "Okay... big reptile... not good."

Dustin went to where he saw the creature and he was reluctant to go any further. He breathed in and out, to calm himself down. He looked to where the creature went and he prepared himself to go after it.

"Alright..." Dustin whispered to himself again. "Here I fucking go..."

He went after the creature, scared for dear life, but he was determined that he would be safe throughout the whole ordeal. The light wasn't reaching the reptile, it was always a second too late as the reptile took another turn.

The cycle repeated a few more times and Dustin was getting more and more irritated.

"Come on, you fucking prick..." Dustin whispered. "Stay fucking still."