Chapter 17: SCP-1000

The helicopters had followed SCP-1000 through the forest and to the few mountains nearby.

"So, what are we going to be dealing with now?" Freddie asked.

"You guys are gonna be surprised." Riley answered. "We're going to be recontaining SCP-1000, also known by the public as 'Bigfoot'."

"Wait, what?" Adrian asked. "Bigfoot's real?"

"I knew he's real!" Drista said, triumphantly. "In your face, Adrian!"

"Is he actually the real bigfoot?" Dustin asked. "Not just some guy in a sasquatch suit?"

"Yeah, he's the real deal alright." Riley said. "He's classified as a Keter-Class SCP, since he has some anomalous properties, thanks to evolution."

"I thought he was just some myth." Freddie said. "I never thought that he would be actually real."

"Yeah, same here." Cunningham added.

Then suddenly, Riley's radio came to life, with Captain Polonskaya's voice on the other end.

"Corporal Riley, do you read me?" the captain asked.

"Loud and clear, ma'am." Riley answered.

"Alright, corporal..." the captain started to explain through the radio. "You and your squad will be heading after Bigfoot. We're tracking him inside the main mountain, since he went through a cavern. The rest of the task force would be at the foot of the mountain, so he'll have no chance to escape. Understand?"

"Copy all, ma'am." Riley answered.

"We only have one shot at this." the captain continued. "The tracker could only last so long and reach so far. Meet me at the base of the main mountain for the plan."

"Got it, ma'am." Riley replied.

The radio deactivated, and Riley looked to the group.

"Everyone got that?" Riley asked the group, testing if the group was listening to his radio.

"Yes, sir." the group responded.

"Alright, good." Riley said.

"We're touching down now." the pilot announced to everyone in the helicopter. "You guys know the drill."

"Thanks, Pat." Riley replied. "Alright, grab your weapons and let's move out."

"Got it." the group responded.

The group prepared their SOPMOD M4A1 rifles, as the helicopter was touching down. The corporal opened the door, and the group got outside of the helicopter. They immediately formed a perimeter around them, as the helicopter was taking off.

They landed in front of the base of the main mountain, the same mountain where they believed where SCP-1000 is.

"Perimeter looks clear." Riley told the group.

The group then noticed the captain and her team by the base of the mountain. They went towards her, to tell them about the plan.

"Ma'am!" Riley said as he and the group saluted.

"At ease." Captain Polonskaya saluted back.

"What's our plan, ma'am?" Riley asked.

"Well, seeing as you did well in the last mission, I figured that I'll be sending you into the cavern." the captain explained. "You guys are doing well for the recontainment of SCPs."

"Us again?" Dustin asked. "Ma'am, can't you pick someone else?"

"What? Do you not want a promotion?" the captain asked back.