Chapter 8: SCP-261

"Thanks for agreeing to this test, guys." Athena said to the group. "It really means a lot, we're in desperate need of testers."

"It's nothing, Athena." Freddie replied.

The group was accompanied by Athena, to test an SCP of its capabilities. The group immediately agreed mainly because they wanted to help Athena, but also wanting a break from their field operations.

"Yeah, we kinda need a break from all the missions we've been through." Drista added, stretching her arms. "Things have been rough..."

"I thought you have only participated in two field operations." Athena pointed out.

"Yeah, back-to-back." Drista told her.

"Oh, I see." Athena understood. "I suppose that it can be tiring."

"Good thing you asked for us, Thea." Dustin said to her. "I don't think we would've survived that many field missions next to each other. You're kind of our safe haven from missions..."

"Yeah..." Adrian agreed. "Let me tell ya, the Foundation has got no chill with these operations, unlike the Arctic and the Antarctic."

"I appreciate that you guys are willing to participate in the testing, but you can't do this all the time." Athena said to the two. "You still have your own responsibilities to deal with, and I have my own."

"That's fair, I guess..." Dustin responded.

"Anyways, where are we going anyway?" Adrian asked. "Looks like we've been walking for a long time."

"Is it any farther?" Drista asked.

"It's just over here." Athena answered the questions. "Follow me."

They came to hallway and they stopped in front of a security door. Athena used her keycard to open the door, and the group went inside.

The room was spacious widthways, and there were two sections of the room: a larger portion which housed the SCP, where the group currently is, and a fairly smaller section where there were two personnel inside. The two sections were divided by a wall, a door and a window, which was longer widthways and has a desk on the width of the window.

They then saw Researcher Durham present in the room, next to some sort of black vending machine.

"Researcher Durham, I have returned." Athena called to the researcher. "I have brought my friends to test the SCP for us."

"Oh, I see." Durham noticed. "Pleasure to meet you all again."

"Same here, ma'am." Freddie replied.

"So, what're we testing this time?" Drista asked.

"Well, we need you test the capabilities of SCP-261, which is this vending machine here." Durham answered.

The SCP appeared to be a large black vending machine, with no front glass panel, It had a small number keypad on the right side.

"What makes this vending machine an SCP?" Dustin asked.

"Yeah, and what're we going to get out of it if we can't see what's in it?" Adrian asked.

"The prior testings with this SCP showed that it can dispense any random item."  Athena answered. "You'll never know what you're going to get out of it."

"Alright, I see..." Dustin understood.

"So, how will the testing go?" Freddie asked.

"Well, this vending machine only accepts Japanese Yen as its currency." Durham answered. "I want you to grab varying amounts of Japanese Yen on the desk over there, but no greater than 500 Yen, and me and Athena will document the results, amount of Japanese Yen, and if the machine is powered or not."