Chapter 131: SCP-1337

A car was driving along a road, alone on a rainy night. A man was driving home after another uneventful day at work. He sighed to himself, knowing that he would arrive home later than usual.

"Damn storm..." the man muttered to himself. "Road's gonna flood any minute."

As he was focused on the road, keeping his speed steady, he noticed something peculiar in the distance, illuminated by the car's headlights. He saw that it was a person, currently drenched in rainwater, trying to flag down any vehicle that might come through the road. He felt concerned, and started to slow down the vehicle, eventually stopping in front of the person.

The person was a teenage girl, who looked nothing out of the ordinary. She had blue eyes, blonde hair, and was about five feet tall. She was wearing a sweater, a buttoned-up shirt, and a skirt.

"Oh, thank god you stopped, sir..." the teenager greeted the man. "I was getting cold."

"What are you doing out here?" the man asked. "You should be at home or something, sheltered from this storm."

"I got lost trying to find my way back home." the teenager answered. "You think you could get me a ride home?"

"Well... not like I'm in a rush..." the man muttered to himself, then looked back at the teenager. "Alright, hop in, I'll get you back home."

"Thank you so much, sir." the teenager opened the man's side door on the back of the car. "I never thought I'd get home."

"Well, count yourself lucky." the man answered. "You get me an address of your home?"

"1337 Juno Street."

"Alright, here we go."

The car began to accelerate, leaving the area. As the man started driving, they came across a turn in the road.

"Which way?"

"Take a left."

The man obliged and he turned as instructed. The rest of the drive had continued like this, with every direction given by the teenager made the man more concerned about their destination.

"Hey, you sure you know where you're going?" the man asked. "Don't you want to go home?"

"No, I do want to go home." the teenager answered. "It's just a few more turns from here, sir, and we'll be there in no time."

"Alright, if you're sure..."

"Yes... just take the next right."

The man continued following the teenager's instructions, leading them to their supposed destination.

A few minutes pass and the car arrives at a local cemetery, in which the teenager immediately exits the vehicle without saying a word to the man.

"What the? Hey!"

The man opened the door and stepped out of the vehicle, out in the pouring rain. The man looked around for the teenager, still confused yet concerned for her.

"Hey, where did you go?" the man called out, taking a few steps away from the car. "Come on, let's get you back home like you said."

The man continued to look around, but still couldn't find the teenager, almost as if she had vanished. The man had almost stopped looking, when he looked down to his feet.

He saw that it was the teenager's sweater, drenched in mud, nearby a gravestone reading: "Mary Talish, beloved by all."

The man picked up the muddy sweater, folded it and took it with him to his car. Without saying anything else, he began to drive home, with the impulse of returning the teenager's sweater the next day.