Chapter 55: SCP-2599

The chief researcher was checking up on another humanoid SCP. The SCP was sitting down on a chair, with her head hung and seemingly worried about something.

The SCP was a teenage girl of Korean descent. She seems to be anxious about the Foundation and their experiments.

"Anyways, that's all I can ask from you, SCP-2599." the chief researcher finished his conversation with the SCP.

"Please, I want you to call me by my name..." the girl pleaded. "I don't feel comfortable with you calling me that..."

"I'm sorry, but I can't do that." the chief researcher refused her request. "Anyways, I'll be heading off now."

"Wait!" the girl spoke up. "Am... am I going to get home? Am I going to be okay?"

"Of course you are..." the chief researcher reassured her. "However... can I ask you something?"

"O-Okay..." the girl complied. "What is it?"

"I want you to forget everything that happened two weeks ago." the chief researcher ordered the SCP.

"Wait! No!" the girl started to plead. "Please, no! I..."

The girl's speech trailed off as she had subconsciously followed the order, even though she was hesitant to do so. She then looked up and glanced around her cell, confused.

"W-Where am I?" the girl asked. "W-Why am I here?"

"You're here because your parents said that they noticed that you have a sort of illness." the chief researcher told her. "We're here to help you rid of that said illness."

"O-Okay..." the girl understood. "But... am I going to be okay? Am I going to go home?"

"Yes, you will." the chief researcher answered. "We'll have to run some tests with you about your sickness."

"O-Okay..."

With that, the chief researcher had left the containment cell of the SCP. He knew that Durham was going to run some tests with her later in the day, so he had to get her prepared.

-----

Durham and Athena were in their office, preparing the necessary equipment for their tests with SCP-2599.

"Okay, I think everything is prepared." Athena informed her superior researcher.

"Yes, that should be fine for the testing." Durham replied. "Anyways, we should be heading over to the containment cell now. We shouldn't waste any more time."

"Right." Athena understand, then thought to ask her superior some questions about the SCP. "But... may I ask a few questions?"

"Sure, but we'll talk on the way there."

"Okay."

The researchers gathered their required items for the tests and left their office, then headed towards the containment cell of the SCP.

"So, what did you want to ask me about?" Durham asked. "About the SCP, I presume..."

"Yes, exactly..." Athena nodded. "I'll just be blunt here. What makes SCP-2599 an SCP? What are her anomalous abilities?"

"She has two main anomalous abilities." Durham answered. "The first is that she follows every order given to her, with no hesitation. That includes orders involving self-harm, murder, torture and others of the like."

"And what is the second part?"

"The second part is that she can't complete the task given to her." Durham answered. "No matter how hard she tries, she couldn't complete the orders given to her."