Chapter 69: SCP-166 [Original File]

(A/N: I'm pissed that they changed 166's file.)

Durham and Athena were in the chief researcher's office, as he wanted to speak to them about something.

"What did you want to talk to us about, Doctor Stevens?"

"I want to see the extent of Dustin's abilities, just how far we can strain him..." the chief researcher answered.

"Is it something dangerous, sir?" Athena asked. "Because I must decline if it's a dangerous test. He has suffered enough."

"Oh, no... it's nothing dangerous..." the chief researcher reassured. "However, it's something that might alter his mind..."

"What is it, Doctor Stevens?" Durham asked.

"SCP-166, that's who I want him to test..."

The two researchers were surprised at the chief researcher's suggestion.

"The teenage succubus, sir?" Athena asked for confirmation. "Sir, I don't think that we should go through with this..."

"Yes, and we might lose him if things go awry." Durham added.

"I know, but we have to be sure how flexible are his abilities." the chief researcher pressed. "We still aren't sure of the furthest extent of his abilities. I mean, he has survived a few dangerous SCPs, let alone the fact that he had made friends with SCP-053."

"I'm still not sure about this..." Athena still persisted. "If he finds out about this, then--"

"Rest assured, Athena, my intentions are simply to test him, not to get rid of him." the chief researcher reassured. "I want you to do as I have told and bring the written documents to me, understood?"

"Yes, sir..."

"You may leave now and inform the general..." the chief researcher said to the two researchers. "If things go awry, then you may end the test as soon as possible..."

"Yes, sir."

With that, the two researchers left the chief researcher's office, then stated to walk towards the site director's office.

Athena was a bit concerned about the chief researcher's instructions and her superior noticed.

"Are you alright, Athena?" Durham asked.

"Yes, but... I'm a bit worried about Dustin..." Athena answered. "I don't know what he would think of this..."

"I understand your concerns, Athena..." Durham replied. "I'm certain that he will understand the purpose of this experiment. He was alright with Doctor Stevens when he met him."

"I guess so..." Athena responded.

"Anyways, we should inform the personnel necessary for the experiment..." Durham answered. "I'll go and inform General Brooks, while you will inform Drista for necessary assistance."

"Alright, I'll go inform her." Athena nodded.

With that, the two researchers went on to do their own tasks, needed for the upcoming experiment.

-----

Durham went to the site director's office, to inform General Brooks about the experiment with the teenage succubus. She knocked on the door and waited for a response.

"Who's there?" the general asked from inside the office.

"It's Researcher Durham." Durham answered. "May I come in?"