Chapter 92: SCP-3000

"Go! Run through the course!"

A week had passed by, and the recruits were running through the obstacle course, currently being monitored by Adrian and Iris.

Most of the recruits were holding their own in the obstacle course. Ryder, however, couldn't get through the course as well as the others.

The captain and the joker thought that he was nervous about his placement, which is why he couldn't do well. Due to this, he was being supported by both Pavelski and Maccer.

"Get through the course, then get to the range!" Adrian told the recruits. "Go, go, go!"

"You sure love your new job, huh?" Iris said to the joker.

"Yep, sure do." the joker smiled. "After a long time of being bossed around, I have my own people to boss around."

"You're not gonna let that power get to your head, are you?"

"Hm?" Adrian hummed. "Nah, of course I won't. Responsibility's not gonna let me do that. Both that and the captain's gonna yell at me."

"Right..." the teenage girl responded. "The whole obstacle course thing is still pretty hard for me."

"I'd say you're pretty decent."

"Yeah, that's because you helped me through it, and the captain told you to just watch me." Iris responded. "Without you, then I suck at it!"

"All the more reason we should stick together." Adrian smiled. "Wouldn't we, Iris?"

"Yeah, guess so..."

The recruits then positioned themselves in the shooting range, where they picked up their primary weapons and began to shoot at the targets in front of them.

Maccer, who wielded his Lee-Enfield rifle, had his targets farther away from the rest; which were metal plates held by wooden poles. The rest had equipped their M4A1 SOPMOD rifles and began to fire at the wooden targets.

"They're doing pretty well, honestly." the joker responded. "Most of them, but I guess that might change."

"Ryder's a bit behind." Iris commented.

"The kid's just nervous." the joker responded, defending him. "Even though he's a bit behind, Lia and Maccer are helping him out."

"Yeah, guess that's good teamwork."

"All that matters to me." Adrian then commanded the recruits again. "Everyone, get to the finish line! Move!"

With that command, the recruits held their rifles, which were all out of ammunition, and dashed towards the finish line. Adrian and Iris then walked there to meet the recruits.

"Alright, everyone did a good job!" the joker told the recruits with a smile. "The past week with you guys had been great!"

"Yeah, good job, guys!" Iris smiled.

"It's good that you say so, sir." Pavelski responded, happy with the compliment.

"Yeah, thanks for the guidance." Maccer added.

"R-Right..." Ryder nodded, albeit nervously.

"Guess we don't have any problems?" Adrian asked the recruits.

"Sir, with all due respect, but this kid's just slowing us down!" Torrens suddenly spoke up, pointing at Ryder. "We could've gone through the course much faster if we weren't so busy picking his ass up!"

"I agree with him, sir." Pulman agreed with the bearded recruit. "He has proven to be a liability to us. It could be dangerous to bring him along."