Chapter 37: Containment Breach

It was now night and the plan was now put into action. Captain Polonskaya had snuck into the fuel station of the site to plant her explosives, while the others were getting ready to free Dustin.

"Alright..." the captain whispered to herself. "This is for the wolves..."

The captain had used the surrounding trees and foliage as cover, and with help from the darkness, she's completely hidden unless lights find her position.

She noticed the guards near the fuel station, doing their rounds. She wasn't at all familiar with the fuel station, but she had to navigate her way through for the plan to work.

She immediately ran through to the nearest wall and hid behind it. She peeked around the corner, the coast was clear. She climbed up, trying her best to not make any noise, and slowly walked to the vent.

She carefully opened the vent grate and entered through it. After a few moments, she navigated her way into the main fuel line. She activated the explosives in a discreet place, near the fuel pipes, and slowly fled the scene without getting detected.

After a few minutes, she had successfully fled the scene without any trouble. She went back to the field and back to her office.

"Hey!"

The captain immediately froze and quickly turned around, but she was a bit relieved that it was only General Brooks who noticed her.

"Hello, General Brooks." the captain saluted to her.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever..." the general saluted back. "Why're you up so late anyway, captain?"

"Oh, well, I had to take care of something..." the captain answered, as an excuse. "Something regarding my task force."

"What is it?" the general tilted her head.

"Well, last minute training and such..." the captain answered.

"That's weird..." the general commented. "I didn't see anyone training when I walked around, and surely everyone should be asleep by now."

"Um, general, don't you have any more work to do?" the captain asked, trying to change the subject. "With all due respect, you shouldn't be slacking off..."

"W-What? No! I'm not slacking off!" the general immediately countered. "I'm just taking a short walk, that's all. To clear my mind and all that."

"And how long have you been out walking, ma'am?" the captain asked again.

"Uuuh... I dunno, can't remember." the general answered with a shrug. "Probably a while ago..."

"Then you should really continue your work, ma'am." the captain told her.

"Don't tell me how to do my job, captain!" the general raised her voice. "Why don't you do your work and leave me alone, huh?"

"Well, I had finished my own work." the captain casually replied.

"Grr..." the general didn't know what else to say. "Just... leave me alone for the night, captain..."

With that, the general began walking to her own office, which she was reluctant because she wanted to procrastinate more.

"Well, at least it's not hard to deal with her..." the captain muttered to herself as she opened the door to her own quarters and entered.

Her quarters weren't much different from a standard office. Same as the other commissioned officers, she also had a bedroom connected to the said office. Unlike the general's office, her office was neat and tidy.