Chapter 147: SCP-909

"Alright... everyone off." the captain ordered. "We'll try again on Wednesday."

With that order, Team Iris had gotten off the helicopter; they had returned after a long day of fruitless searching, but they were relieved to return at all.

"Finally... the cold hard ground beneath our feet."

"But still... no luck at finding Dustin."

"Yeah... we'll try again in a few days." Adrian stretched his arms. "For now, we could just relax the night away, you know?"

"Guess so..."

"Lia?"

"Yes, sir?"

"You can go ahead and go back to the barracks and get some rest." the joker responded. "We'll call on you when the time comes."

"Alright, sir..." the Polish-American recruit nodded. "See you later, sir."

"Yeah, you too."

The Polish-American recruit walked away from the two, on her way back to the barracks.

"Man... she's really worried about him, huh?"

"You can clearly tell." the joker sighed. "See hasn't seen the kid and Maccer for a long while now, and no luck on either of them."

"Can't we tell the captain to find them as we look for Dustin?"

"She wouldn't let us..." the joker shook his head. "Besides, they're not our priority right now... Dustin is."

"Yeah... I guess..." the teenage girl responded with a sigh. "What time is it?"

"Eh... I dunno... but all I know is the sun's coming up." the joker responded. "And you know, I don't feel that tired."

"Yeah... me neither." the teenage girl agreed. "But... what're we gonna do?"

"Wanna go to the break room or something?"

"Sure... but what can we do there?"

"Eh, we'll find something to pass the time, either that or until we fall asleep." the joker responded. "So... you in, Iris?"

"Yeah, I'm all in!" the teenage girl nodded enthusiastically, then yawned.

"Hey, looks like someone's getting tired."

"What? No, I'm not." the teenage girl denied. "I'm just... you know... uhh..."

"Go on..."

"Listen, are we going to the break room or not?" the teenage girl asked. "Come on, I did say I'm all in, didn't I?"

"Alright... if you say you're not tired." the joker lightly smiled. "Alright, come on, follow me."

The teenage girl nodded in understanding and began to follow behind the joker, leading them into the site's break room. After a short while, the two then made it to the site's break room.

"Alright, here we are." the joker responded. "Hope we got something to do in here."

"Yeah..."

"Iris... you really look tired." the joker noticed. "Come on, I can take you back to your containment cell so you can rest."

"Nah, nah, I'm good... I'm fine." the teenage girl denied, then yawned. "Come on, let's head in."

"You sure?"

"Yeah... I'm sure."

"Alright... your choice."

The joker opened the door and he walked inside, with the teenage girl following suit.