Chapter 58: SCP-1762

Athena and Dustin were looking at the SCP in its new containment cell through a two-way mirror in the adjacent observation room.

"So... this is the SCP?" Dustin asked. "A cardboard box with a kid's writing on it?"

"It would seem so..." Athena answered. "We really can't be too relaxed about this SCP. It might hold something dangerous..."

"Thea, you're being too paranoid." Dustin brushed off. "It was pretty light when we brought it here, so I wouldn't think there's a weapon of mass destruction in it."

"Still, we still have to be cautious..." Athena persisted. "This is the Foundation we're working for..."

"Yeah, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing in it." Dustin replied. "It's probably just a box and that's it."

"We can't really be sure..."

"Thea, you gotta calm down." Dustin pressed. "There's nothing inside the box, so there's nothing dangerous in it. You're just being paranoid."

"I'm just cautious..." Athena denied. "Very cautious."

"Thea, you can call it whatever you want, but we people call that paranoia." Dustin sighed. "So... stop worrying about the box."

Then a mysterious sound came from the containment cell, which gathered the attention of the two. They saw that the box had been opened, and black smoke started to erupt from it.

"Oookay... now might be a good time to worry..." Dustin commented.

"What's happening?" Athena asked.

"I dunno, but I'm ready for it." Dustin answered.

Athena stood behind the athlete, standing a few feet behind him, while he had his right hand on his sidearm. Whatever the threat was, he's ready to face it.

The box had continued to erupt black smoke, which had dissipated after a few seconds, until it had abruptly stopped.

"Huh?" Dustin asked.

"W-What happened?" Athena slowly walking beside the athlete. "Is it over?"

The box stayed silent for a short while, until a number of objects erupted from the box.

"Huh?" Dustin reacted. "What are those?"

There were a good number of origami figures, erupting from the box and flying around the containment cell. The origami seemed to be a variety of dragons; both Western and Eastern depictions.

The dragons were flying together, also playfully interacting with each other.

"Huh, they... don't look any dangerous..." Dustin commented, monitoring the origami dragons.

"Yes, they do seem harmless..." Athena agreed.

"And... what was it you're worrying about again?" Dustin asked.

"Don't rub it in." Athena bluntly answered.

"Hey, you two!"

The voice had gathered the two's attention and saw General Brooks enter the room.

"I see that you're monitoring the SCP..." the general said. "Anyways, what happened while I was gone?"

"Ma'am, the SCP seemed to be active..." Athena answered. "A black smoke erupted from the box and a number of origami figures have emerged from it."

"Origami?" the general asked.

"Yes, ma'am." Athena answered.

"Are they dangerous or something?"