Chapter 21: SCP-1678

A few days passed, and the Wolves Task Force was now on another mission. The Foundation had received reports of Serpent's Hand soldiers, harboring SCP-1000 and all instances of SCP-939, to be safe inside a certain SCP that is currently under Foundation surveillance.

"Where are we going now, Riley?" Freddie asked. "We're going farther than our current missions before."

"We're going to London." Riley answered. "There have been reports of the Serpent's Hand's presence there. Maybe something to do with their plan."

"We're going to London?" Adrian asked, then turned to Dustin. "Hey, Dusty. Ask me what day it is."

"What day is it?" Dustin sighed and reluctantly asked.

"It's chuesday, innit?" Adrian answered in an overly exaggerated British accent. "Today's chuesday in Britain!"

Riley signalled something to Dustin, since he nodded to him. The athlete understood and nodded back. He then hit Adrian in the back of the head with his hand, causing the latter to yelp in pain.

"Oww, what was that for?" Adrian asked, rubbing the back of his head.

"It was getting annoying..." Riley answered. "So, you kinda had it coming."

"Hey, British accents are weird as hell." Adrian said. "They say chuesday instead of Tuesday like in America."

"That's just disrespectful, man." Drista said.

"Yeah, every country's culture is different from ours." Freddie added. "You can't just make fun of them just for being different from ours."

"Yeah... that ain't right..." Cunningham finished and Sodokin nodded.

"Fair enough..." Adrian responded.

"Anyways, why're we going to London, Riley?" Freddie asked.

"Well, there's an SCP there that's one kilometer below the actual city of London. That's SCP-1678, also known as 'UnLondon'." Riley answered.

"Underground London, huh?" Adrian asked about the portmanteau.

"Yeah, essentially." Riley answered. "How and what the Serpent's Hand is planning for the SCP is still unknown, that's why we're being sent there to scout them out and find out their plan."

"And why do we need this thing?" Drista asked, referring to the normal sized frequency receiver.

"Since some of us are going to be underground, our radios won't work on their own. Which is why we need a proper receiver." Riley answered. "It's only a prototype, so we're going use it as least amount of times as possible."

"So who's going to be your team, corporal?" Cunningham asked.

"Having three people to explore is enough." Riley answered. "That'll be me, Dustin and Adrian."

"Wait, me?" Adrian asked.

"Hey, I'm not going to let you laze off again." Riley answered. "You're coming with me and Dustin, one way or another, whether you like it or not."

"Alright, fine..." Adrian groaned.

"So, that just leaves me, Drista, Ariel and Greg will the receiver." Freddie noted.

"Yeah, Ariel here has some experience with technology and the Foundation gave her technical training these past few days." Riley informed. "So, she'll be assigned with the receiver, while the rest of you will be guarding her at all times."

"Got it." Freddie responded.

"You went through technical training, Ariel?" Drista asked, for confirmation.