Chapter 63: SCP-1471

"Can you please state your name for the record?"

"M-My name? Um... it's Benjamin... Benjamin Hill."

Athena was interviewing a civilian, affected by an SCP. Her objective was to know the civilian's story in detail and to know his situation better.

The two were both seated down on chairs in the centre of the room, with a table between them.

"And you say that you have installed an app called 'Malo' five years ago..." Athena continued. "Is that correct?"

"Yeah..." Benjamin nodded.

"Alright then, moving on..." Athena continued further. "About this creature you see, you say that it appears everywhere you go. Is that correct?"

"Yeah, it's weird..." Benjamin answered. "First it was only on my phone, sending messages and pictures."

"And... you started to see it in real time?"

"Yeah, it's just everywhere I go." Benjamin responded. "I can see it inside rooms, in my reflection, even in the corner of my eye."

"I see..." Athena understood. "And do you perhaps see the creature now?"

"Yeah, I can see it." the civilian nodded.

"Where do you see it?"

"Right behind you."

In Benjamin's vision, there stood a humanoid figure, dressed in black and wearing a canid-like skull. It was standing a few feet behind the researcher, staring directly at him.

Athena then turned around, just to see if she can at least catch a glimpse of the creature, but she only saw the plain white walls of the interrogation room.

"Hmmm... well, I don't see anything..." Athena informed. "It does say in the files that it only affects those who downloaded the app."

"Files?" the civilian tilted his head. "What are you talking about?"

"Oh, um, I'm only permitted to tell you that you have been affected by something I can't say." Athena answered. "And you're currently here so that we can try to assist you."

"Does that mean you can cure me?" Benjamin asked.

"We'll try our hardest..." Athena answered. "Anyways, before everything, would you mind telling me what happened when you installed the app?"

"I... I don't want to talk or think about it..." the civilian hung his head. "All I can see there is just regret. Nothing more."

"Yes, but if you cooperate with us, then we can prevent others from going through the same scenarios that you went through." Athena spoke.

A few seconds of silence pass.

"Okay, fine..." the civilian nodded, then sighed and began to remember. "There were three of us in a friend group: me, Alex, and Mila..."

-----

Five Years Ago

The friend group were inside Alex's house playing an online mobile game together. They were focused on their phones, as each of them wanted to win.

"Yeah! Got it!" Alex cheered. "Haha! Once again, I beat you guys at this game! Another victory for Alex!"

"Yeah, yeah, gloat and gloat, Alex..." Benjamin rolled his eyes, tired of his friend's gloating.

"Aww, is that some salt, Ben?" Alex teased.

"Leave her alone, Ben..." Mila told him.