Chapter 78: SCP-085

A guard was tasked to put away important documents, all of which had information on a certain Safe-Class SCP.

"So... am I supposed to get it here... or somewhere else?" the guard tried to remember. "Eh, whatever. I'll just leave them here and I can ask someone else..."

The guard put down the papers on a table, which also had a drawing of a young adult female on it, wearing a summer dress and her hair tied in a ponytail. The name 'Cassandra' is also written underneath the drawing.

"Huh, neat drawing." the guard complimented. "Looks really professional, not that I know shit about drawing..."

With that, the guard walked out of the room and tried to ask some people about his task. The drawing of the young woman had now become animate and was curious about the papers placed next to her.

The drawing then walked to the edge of the its own paper and suddenly found itself on the documentations. It began to read the documents and later realised, that the documents were about itself.

A Few Hours Later

"Are you sure about this, Dustin?"

"Yeah, yeah, I can handle it, Thea. Don't worry about it..."

"If you say so but... be careful..."

"Yeah, yeah, I got it..."

Dustin slowly got up from the bed and slowly moved to the side. He then slowly got off from the bed and stated to walk. Athena was still worried about her best friend, even though his scar had somehow healed quicker than expected.

"Are you certain that you can continue to work?" Athena asked. "Even though the scar somehow healed, you still need to rest."

"It's fine, see?" Dustin asked. "I mean, it's cool to sit in bed and all that, but it's pretty boring after a while. You don't get to do much in bed."

"Yes, but it's what's best for you at this moment..." Athena persisted. "I'm just worried about your safety, and your impulsiveness isn't helping me worry less."

"Yeah, but that's why we're best friends, Thea..." the athlete responded. "I'm the brawn, and you're the brains, or something like that..."

"I guess so..." Athena reluctantly agreed.

Someone then entered the medbay, which had earned the two's attention. It was the site director, seemingly like she wanted something.

"Site Director Rosenberg..." Athena greeted the site director. "It's a pleasure to meet you again..."

"Yes, likewise." the site director smiled, then noticed Dustin standing up from the medical bed. "And I see that you are awake as well. How are you feeling?"

"I'm alright, ma'am..." the athlete responded. "Don't worry about me..."

"What brings you here, ma'am?" Athena asked.

"Durham actually called for you and she told me that you would be here..." the site director answered. "She says it's of importance..."

"I see..." Athena understood. "I suppose I should head there now..."

"Can I come with, Thea?"

"Dustin, you really should take it easy..." Athena told her best friend. "You had just got up from the bed..."

"I'll be fine, Thea." Dustin insisted. "It's been a while since I got up from that bed and I can now walk around..."

"Aren't you so eager, Portnow..." the site director commented.