Chapter 128: SCP-1057

"Jesus Christ, what the hell happened here, sir?"

"A terrible incident, private." the superior agent responded. "A sort of invisible shark was just in the pool, then it killed two people and mutilated a lifeguard."

"A shark? In the public pool?"

"Yeah, I know, weird shit."

There were two agents talking to each other near the swimming pool, along with a couple of other recovery agents trying to clean the public swimming pool from the mess the SCP had made.

"Is... is it safe to be near the water like this?"

"The others already took care of the shark, so you don't need to worry about a thing, private." the superior agent reassured. "However, we're not here to take a dip in the pool. We're here to investigate the pool, see if there's anything about that invisible shark around here."

"Alright, sir..."

With that, the two began to look around the public pool, both proceeding on opposite sides to cover more ground.

"Hmm... I don't really know what I'm looking for..." the new agent muttered to himself. "Okay, if I was proof of an invisible shark in a public pool, where would I be?"

The new agent looked around, trying to find any information regarding the recent incident. After a few minutes of fruitless searching, the new agent sighed to himself.

"There's nothing here..." the new agent muttered to himself, then looked at a bulletin board, nearby a staff building. "Might find something there..."

The new agent walked towards the bulletin board, scanning the leaflets and small posters there for any useful information.

He was about to search somewhere else, until he saw something that was out of place; a pinned handwritten note.

The new agent removed the thumbtack holding the note in place, then began to read the written words.

"Panic simply means that the idea of a shark can be more dangerous than an actual shark..." the new agent muttered to himself. "It can be more dangerous than no shark at all... are we cool yet?"

The new agent was confused.

"The hell?"

"Hey!"

The new agent immediately turned to see that his superior was walking up to him.

"What the hell are you doing standing around here?" he asked. "Are you even looking at all?"

"Well... sir, I found something a bit weird..."

"And what would that be?"

"This..."

The new agent handed his superior the handwritten note, in which the latter began to silently read it.

"I just found it pinned on this bulletin board here, sir." the new agent explained. "It said something about a shark, but I didn't know what it meant. Maybe about the shark here?"

"Possibly..." the superior agent mused. "Anyways, good find. The ones in the site are gonna need this for their archives..."

-----

"This isn't good..."

Athena was currently reading a note from SCP-2085-A-3, stating that she had found about the Foundation's true identity and pleas about seeing her sisters again.

"What are we going to do about this?" the researcher asked her superior. "If we don't do something, she might harm herself..."

"My thoughts exactly, Athena..." Durham agreed. "I do have an acquaintance that has excelled in psychology, so he could act as her therapist..."