Chapter 111: SCP-055

It had been two weeks since the athlete had been accidentally trapped inside of the other reality by SCP-507.

Since then, the Omega-7 monitored the SCP, in case he had shifted to another reality, hoping for it to be the athlete's reality.

"Athena?"

"Huh?"

"You just been staring at this table for a few minutes now." Adrian told her. "Is it that interesting for you to be staring at?"

"Adrian, don't make me more stressed than I already am." the researcher sternly told the joker. "I don't wish to put up with your antics."

"Okay, jeez, Athena..." the joker conceded. "I was just kidding around... no harm meant."

"Just... tone it down, Adrian..." the researcher sighed. "I have much more to think about."

"About Dustin, huh?" the teenage girl asked.

"Obviously..." the researcher nodded. "It's just... so frustrating sometimes. When I try to be responsible for his health, he does the exact opposite of what I asked! Can't he just listen to me whenever I try to protect him?"

"Athena, calm down..."

"It's just..." the researcher sighed. "I'm sorry about that... but... I'm just so tired of this constant problem that I have with him, ever since our childhood."

"Like when?"

"It all happened on that one day, roughly thirteen years ago..."

-----

Thirteen Years Ago

"Over here, Thea!"

"Dustin, don't run too fast!"

A young Dustin was jogging along their street, with his best friend following behind him. He was encouraging the young Athena to follow him around the neighbourhood for exercise.

"Dustin... you should know that I'm not... like you..." the young intelligent girl told her best friend. "I'm... getting tired..."

"Come on, Thea, don't be like that." the young athlete pleaded with her. "It's really fun, and it beats sitting around in your room all day reading books..."

"I mean... I guess you're right..." the young intelligent girl conceded. "It does feel good to go outside..."

"See?" the young athlete responded. "Now, try and keep up with me, alright? Come on, let's go!"

The athlete suddenly began running ahead of his best friend, much to her surprise.

"Dustin, wait!" the young intelligent girl reacted. "Don't run too fast, you're going to trip and you'll get hurt!"

"It's fine, Thea. I'm not gonna trip, I'll be fi-- woah!"

The young athlete suddenly tripped from running too fast. He tried to save himself to avoid any serious injury, however, he had scraped his right knee in the process.

"Dustin!"

The young intelligent girl ran towards the young athlete, sitting on the road and checking on his right knee.

"Dustin, I told you not to run."

"Yeah... I know..." the young athlete winced at the pain. "Ouch, this hurts..."

"Come on, Dustin, I'll take care of that for you...." the young intelligent girl reassured the athlete. "We should go back to my house first..."

"Yeah, okay..." the athlete slowly stood up. "Let's do that."