Chapter 80: SCP-105

"Hey, Iris. How's it going?"

"It's fine, James, but I'm kinda tired. I did a lot of stuff today and it got me beat..."

"Oh, well, I'm just making sure that you don't overwork yourself. You know that I'm going to get worried about you for that..."

"Yeah, I guess. Thanks, James..."

A teenage girl, Iris, was talking on the phone with her boyfriend, James, whilst walking around her house. She had blonde hair, blue eyes and was of average height.

She was wearing her casual clothing: a blue varsity jacket, with a black undershirt and pants.

"Anyways, what about you?" Iris asked. "When are you getting here? It's been a while since you came to visit and... I kinda miss you..."

"Let's see..." James mused. "Well, I do have some free time on Saturday and I can come over there by then. Until then, you sure you can make it?"

"I guess so..." Iris answered, walking up to some pictures on her wall. "I'll just look at this picture of you until then..."

She looked at a picture of James, who was working on his desk. He seemed surprised, as he didn't expect for his girlfriend to take a candid photo.

"Oh? What picture is it?"

"It's just this one time I took of you by surprise." she smiled, then chuckled. "You should've seen your face when I took it."

"You know surprises aren't my thing, Iris..." her boyfriend sighed. "I mean, you know my heart couldn't take it..."

"Yeah, I promised to you that I wouldn't do that again..." Iris replied. "Don't worry, you look amazing in the picture, as always..."

"Whatever makes you happy, Iris... then I'm fine with it." James then began to yawn. "Alright, I think we should call it a night... I still have work tomorrow."

"Alright, but I'll be thinking of you..."

"Same here, Iris..."

Then sounds of glass breaking can be heard through the phone, which had made Iris concerned.

"James, what was that?"

"I... I don't know..." James answered, then sighed. "Dammit, don't tell me Milly broke something again..."

Iris then looked at the candid photo she had took of her boyfriend, as if by instinct. She saw that he had stood up from his desk and leave the room.

She then noticed that the window behind him was broken, with a masked person dressed in black clothing opening the window for themselves and entered the room. She also noticed that the person was armed with a handgun, but then James came back to the room.

"I didn't look like Milly broke something, but I just had to make sure..." James informed his girlfriend. "You know how cats can be sometimes..."

"J-James?"

"Yeah, Iris?"

"There's... there's someone behind you..."

"Huh?"

James turned around, seeing the assailant.

"H-Hey, you stay right there..." James put his hands up in surrender. "I'll just give you whatever you want, just please don't—"

Before James could finish talking, the assailant fired their handgun at his head, making him fall backwards. Iris had witnessed everything in her photograph, with a tear streaming from her eye.