Chapter 143: SCP-4545

"No, I mean, it's a good idea, Sammy, but I don't think that's what the execs are looking for."

"Come on, man, you don't think so? I think this is the best story I've made in a long time, my big break into the entertainment industry!"

"But that's not what we're here for. We got hired for daytime guard duty everyday of the goddamn week, not so you can slack off and do fuck all."

"Dude, I already wrote the entire story, in my head and on paper. They're gonna like it, I'm sure of it!"

"Whatever you say, Sammy..."

Two guards were patrolling around in a studio facility, monitoring the people working within as they headed off into different soundstages.

"Looks like Mason's got his shit together." one of guards chuckled. "Got the production team working after what... a month?"

"Mason?"

"You know, that one director." the guard answered. "He's gonna make a comeback after he took a break from filmmaking after half a decade, then took a month break."

"What happened to him?"

"Heart attack, almost killed him." the guard answered. "I swear, he needs to take a break. He's getting too old for this."

"Yeah, well... he's looks like he's working hard, seeing all the production crews and the cast..." the other guard, Sammy, pointed out. "I think he'd get famous again."

"See, that hardwork is the exact thing that'll kill him in the end." the first guard answered. "I mean, come on, another musical drama in today's day and age. He's out of touch."

"But do you think he'll get famous again?"

"Doubt it." the first guard immediately answered. "The news articles of him having a heart attack might probably be the last bit of attention he'll get from the public."

"Right..."

"But hey, at least that story you've been working on might be even better than his dramas." the first guard chuckled as he nudged the other. "Maybe they'll pick up your pitch when you get the ball rolling."

"You think so?"

"Eh, depends on what's all the rage right now and what the execs want." the first guard shrugged. "They might, they might not. That's just show business."

"Right... so where are we off to?"

"Wanna grab a bite?"

"Yeah, sure, I could eat."

"Same place?"

"I thought you said you're going to cut down on the burgers." the other guard recalled. "All of them are going to your gut."

"Eh, well, you gotta eat before you exercise, you know." the first guard replied. "Who the hell exercises on an empty stomach, huh?"

"Nobody..."

"Exactly, so let's go."

The two guards began walking to the nearby fast-food joints, just outside of the studio compound, and passed by a few more soundstages to get to the western gate.

After doing so, they took a shortcut to get to the fast-food joint, past the spare warehouses that the studio rarely uses.

"Just past those creepy warehouses, right?"

"Yeah... and they're not creepy, no one else just walked in here yet. After all, Everjoy just bought them a few days ago."

"Oh yeah... right."