Chapter 87: SCP-5999

The first team was making progress, trying to fight their way towards the site director's office to gather Dustin's files. They didn't encounter as much Foundation personnel, as the second team was more of a threat.

"You think the contact's doing his job?" Ash asked the strike leader.

"Don't you trust him, Ash?" Ant asked back.

"It really depends..." the abrasive agent answered. "We just met him two months ago and I still have my doubts about him."

"Yeah, but he's helping us to get Dustin out..." the strike leader replied. "He did say that he was against Foundation protocol with SCP treatment, right?"

"I guess..."

"Then we should trust him, or else we're not going to make it out of here." Ant said.

"Right..." the abrasive agent sulked.

"Ash, if it makes you feel better about him, let's contact him again." the strike leader suggested.

"Fine..."

"Guys, cover us." the strike leader told the other agents. "We're going to contact our inside man for a second..."

"Yes, sir."

The agents then formed a defensive perimeter around the two, to protect them from incoming Foundation personnel. The strike leader got his radio and contacted the Foundation spy.

"Morrison? Do you read me?" the strike leader asked.

There was no answer in return.

"Morrison? Morrison, do you copy?" Ant asked again.

"L.O.S.?"

"I dunno, Ash... maybe he ran into something on the way..." the strike leader answered. "We really can't be sure..."

"He better do his goddamn job." the abrasive agent said. "We don't have much time and we sure as hell overstayed our welcome."

"Then we better get moving to the site director's office..."

The team was clearing the surrounding areas of Foundation personnel, making their way to the objective.

"It should be somewhere here..." Ant murmured to himself, then sighed. "Maybe I should've asked Frederick about where it is..."

"You think?" Ash asked, hearing what the agent said. "Ant, we're wasting time. We should get to the site director's office, or else we're gonna die here."

"I understand that, Ash..." Ant nodded. "But because we're already here, we can't sit still."

"So we're walking blind?"

"That's what we've been doing since the start of this attack." the agent answered. "Now come on, we should keep looking."

"Right..."

The agents kept walking past the hallways as quick as they could, trying to avoid Foundation personnel as much as possible. The agents came across the next door, preparing to move to the next hallways.

"Ash, hack through the door." Ant commanded the abrasive agent. "We'll cover you."

"Alright..."

The agent then grabbed her hacking device and started to override the door controls, to let themselves through. After a few moments, the door had opened and the other agents pointed their guns.

"Woah, hey! It's just us!"

Ash and Ant noticed that there were Foundation personnel through the door, who were Freddie and Drista.