Chapter 140: SCP-001 [S.D. Locke]

In an instant, a bright solar light had hit the SCP.

SCP-179, who had been curled up into a ball, immediately felt the effects of this light; she had turned into a burnt orange and reduced into clouds of dust.

The scene happened too quickly for the researchers to comprehend, all they saw was that the SCP was now gone.

"Holy fuck..." the site researcher muttered in shock.

"She's gone..." the researcher reacted the same way. "What was that? What happened to it?"

"Some sort of solar wave from the sun it looks like..." the site director then turned to one of the nearby researchers. "Rowland, get some guards on the outside so we can see what the hell's going on!"

"On it."

With that order, one of the researchers immediately grabbed the nearby radio to command a few guards to check outdoors.

Meanwhile, as the two researchers were still perplexed as to what had just occurred, the site researcher got control of one of their monitors, making it switch the display from the satellite to one of the outdoor cameras.

"Alright... this should help us see the outside..." the site researcher muttered to himself, then talked to the two researchers. "You two, keep doing your jobs. I'll check on everything else, okay?"

"Alright, understood."

The site researcher left the two researchers at their posts, and went on to check with the other site researchers, who had been panicking all that time.

"I... I can't find the words to comprehend what had just happened..." Athena spoke up. "Is that it? Is the SCP really gone?"

"Yes, it does seem that way... and I understand why you're confused..." her superior nodded, then indicated the disarray around them. "Looks like the other researchers are also trying to comprehend the current situation..."

As the two spoke, they noticed something on Durham's monitor; the doors to the site had opened, and two guards had exited out of them, ready to engage any target; as per protection protocol, the doors had shut behind them.

Immediately, it seemed that they had their attention to the bright sun and the skies, which had been glowing a burnt orange, and one of the guards put their arm up to shield their eyes from the sunlight.

It was then they noticed something peculiar.

They noticed that the guards were seemingly sweating, then parts of their skin were slowly becoming more fluid, as if they were somehow melting like a lit candle.

"What... what's happening to them?" Athena asked, slightly becoming terrified.

"I... I'm not sure..." her superior answered, slightly trembling. "But it's no doubt that it's anything good."

As they spoke, the guards continued to "melt", as they slowly lost their solid state and had gradually become more fluid.

Along with the guards, a few birds crashed to the ground near them, their current state being the same state as the guards were, becoming a barely recognisable fluid mass of flesh.

The two researchers couldn't believe what was happening, two unsuspecting guards along with the number of wildlife had all been reduced to this large, disgusting mass.

As the two researchers silently observed, the masses began to combine with each other, growing larger with each conjunction.

The surrounding disarray began to become more unruly, with everyone panicking, but no one taking any considerate action. This went on for a little while, until someone had celled them to order.