Chapter 102: SCP-777-KO

Athena was in the infirmary, looking over the injured athlete on the hospital bed. Bandages had covered most parts of his body, in an effort to cover the scars he sustained, and making him almost unrecognisable.

"Did the Foundation's enemies do this to you, Dustin?" she muttered to herself. "I don't know if you did something brash... but I'm just glad that you came back at all."

She looked at the heart rate monitor next to the bed, which she noticed that Dustin's heartbeats were mostly normal, although with occasional irregularities.

She was undeniably nervous as to the athlete's current state, especially since it seemed like a life or death situation.

She hoped that he would give out any sort of response, no matter how little, just to signify that he was still alive.

"I hope you can hold on for long enough, Dustin..." the researcher muttered once more. "I want to speak to you again, we all do..."

-----

Durham was in her office, organising some reports and files. She understood that her assistant was currently occupied with the athlete's return, so she relieved her from any duties until he fully recovered.

"This should be here..." Durham muttered to herself as she organised some of the files she was holding. "Right... and this goes here..."

"Hello, Researcher Durham? Are you present?"

"Oh, yes. I'm here, Doctor Gears." the researcher responded, sitting up straight and looked at the stoic doctor at the door.

"Right, now that I have your attention... I have another SCP that you and your assistant can test..." the stoic doctor then looked around the office, as if looking for someone. "Speaking of which, where is your assistant?"

"Oh, about that, sir..." the researcher answered. "One of her friends had returned from a field operation and he was severely injured, so she opted to take charge of him until he fully recovers."

"I see..." the stoic doctor responded. "And you can assure me that this inconvenience will not interfere with your work, yes?"

"I can tell you with full certainty that it wouldn't affect my work, sir." the researcher answered. "Now... about this SCP that you wanted me to test, what is it?"

"It's a newly transferred SCP, which arrived a few hours ago and under my supervision." Doctor Gears explained. "I'm not entirely sure as to the extent of its abilities, so I want you to experiment it for me."

"Of course, sir." Durham nodded, standing up from her desk. "What is this SCP designated as?"

"SCP-777-KO..." the stoic doctor responded. "Now, we shouldn't be wasting any more time in idle conversation, Researcher Durham. It is located in Experimental Chamber 47-D."

"Okay, thank you for the information, Doctor Gears." the researcher responded. "I'll get through the report now, sir."

"And make sure to submit it to me later today." the stoic doctor told the researcher. "Same as before."

"Of course, sir."

With the given instructions, the stoic doctor left the office, leaving the researcher to gather her necessary materials; her pen and clipboard.