Chapter 68: SCP-073

The group turned to see a humanoid, presumably another SCP.

The SCP was a male, with tanned skin, seemingly in his early thirties, and of Middle Eastern descent. He also has black hair and blue eyes.

Apart from the given description, his arms, legs, spinal cord and shoulder blades are made of unknown metals. He also has a marking on his forehead, appearing to be of Sumerian origin.

He was wearing a white sleeveless polo, with black pants.

"Hello, Cain." Athena greeted.

"You know who he is, Athena?" Freddie asked.

"Yes, this is SCP-073, or Cain." Athena answered. "He's quite amicable and polite towards Foundation personnel."

"Hello, it's nice to meet you all." Cain greeted once more. "You're part of the Wolves Task Force, led by Captain Polonskaya, correct?"

"Yes, they are, but I'm not really a part of it." Athena corrected.

"Okay, I understand." the SCP responded.

"Do we need to introduce ourselves?" Freddie asked Athena.

"No need to do that..." Athena answered. "He read all of our files already, so you don't need to..."

"I see..."

"Anyways, Cain, what happened with you in Cell-38A?" Athena asked. "Jaina told me that you were involved in some way."

"Well..."

-----

Twenty Minutes Earlier

SCP-073 was walking around the site on his own, since his anomalous capabilities cannot gravely harm his immediate surroundings. He stumbled upon a room, which he wasn't informed of.

"What's this room?" he asked himself. "I wasn't informed of this room. Maybe I can help..."

He opened the door with one of his arms, placing it against the keypad sensor, making it open. He then went inside the room, not knowing his anomalous abilities will affect it greatly.

The room was reminiscent of a murky swamp, ideal for SCP-811's containment cell. Inside the cell, Durham was inspecting the trees and plants around the cell.

"Alright, everything should be in order..." Durham muttered to herself. "This should be perfect for SCP-811..."

She was inspecting the tree one last time, but she heard something snap.

"Huh?"

She looked up and she saw one of the tree branches above her breaking, about to fall onto her. Cain noticed this, and he ran over to save the researcher.

"Watch out!"

In an instant, Cain had pushed the researcher out of the way, before she would be crushed by the falling branch. The branch ended up falling to the ground with a loud thud.

"Are you alright?" Cain asked.

"Yes, I'm alright..." Durham answered, then realised who she was talking to. "Cain? Why are you here? You're not supposed to be here!"

"Oh, I'm sorry." the SCP answered. "I wasn't informed about this room."

"No one told you?" Durham asked.

"Yes..." he nodded.

Then, the SCP's abilities began to show. The plants around the SCP began to wilt and die. The ground below him became barren, and the surrounding murky waters remained.