Chapter 45: Parting Ways

A few days have passed since the events in SCP-1983, and the group were in the Serpent's Hand base. The past days had been very slow for them; no escaped anomalies, no news on the Foundation, absolutely nothing.

Cunningham was all by herself in her room, thinking about some things; more specifically, someone.

"Gotta tell him somehow..." Cunningham said to herself. "I dunno what to do... and I don't have Greg to help me out..."

Cunningham didn't know what else to do, but she decided that now should be the right time to express her true feelings.

"Should I ask someone...?" Cunningham mused. "I mean, I dunno anything about this so someone else might know..."

Cunningham stood up and fixed her clothes. She had been sitting on her bed for a while now, and thought about who to ask.

"Maybe I should ask Drista..." Cunningham thought. "I reckon she knows what this whole thing's about."

She then exited her room and walked around, trying to find the tomboy. She walked around the site for a while, until she found her outside with a soda can in her hand.

"Hey, Drista." Cunningham called to the tomboy.

"Oh, hey Ariel." Drista greeted. "What's up?"

"I wanna ask you something." Cunningham answered. "Hope that's alright with you."

"Okay, sure." Drista agreed. "What is it?"

"Well, it's kinda embarrassing to say out loud but..." Cunningham took a deep breath before continuing. "Do you know anything about romance?"

Drista froze for a moment. She was surprised to hear those words come out from her, but the real struggle was what to say to her.

"Um... r-romance?" Drista repeated.

"Yeah, like confessions and all that." Cunningham nodded. "Just asking for some advice."

"Umm..."

The tomboy didn't say anything since she knew nothing about the topic herself. She only went as far as having a crush, no further than that.

"I... I don't know anything about it..." Drista answered. "Sorry..."

"Ah, don't beat yourself up over it." Cunningham patted her right shoulder. "I could ask someone else."

"Okay then..."

"Also, where did you get that Coke?" Cunningham asked, referring to the soda can in the tomboy's hand.

"There's a stock down there." Drista pointed down the hallway. "You can just get one. There's other sodas in there if you want."

"Eh, it's all the same in Texas." Cunningham replied. "Anyways, thanks for the directions."

"No prob."

With that, Cunningham walked to grab a soda can from the Serpent's Hand stock, with help from the tomboy's directions. After a few moments, she walked around the base again and drinking her soda can.

"Hmm, who else to ask...?" Cunningham mused. "I dunno who else to ask..."

She wandered on to the fields of the Serpent's Hand base, trying to find someone she could ask for her situation. There she found Freddie walking idly around, so she called his attention.

"Hey, Fred." Cunningham called.

"Oh, hello Ariel..." Freddie greeted back. "And... um... my condolences for Gregory. It must be tough to lose him like that..."