Chapter 6: SCP-096

The group were travelling in a helicopter. They had their winter clothes on, which colours match to their regular military uniforms, since they were going to Antarctica to capture an SCP there.

"So, what're we looking for exactly?" Dustin asked Riley.

"We're going to recapture SCP-096, since he broke out of containment in another site..." Riley answered.

"And... we're going where exactly?" Adrian asked.

"Antarctica." Riley answered. "It should be obvious since we're wearing our winter clothes right now."

"I think it's a bit too fast for our first field op." Drista said. "I mean sure we're getting trained for it, but it's just a bit too fast, you know? Whatever happened to baby steps?"

"Yeah, it might be dangerous for us." Freddie agreed. "We're still new here after all."

"Listen, anything can happen at any time." Riley told the two. "You better get used to it if you're going to continue working here in the Foundation. Besides, I'm tasked to train you guys, right? Safe to say, I'm doing a good job at it."

"That's fair..." Freddie replied.

"Wait, what're we looking for again?" Dustin asked again.

"Yeah, what was it again?" Adrian asked.

"Did you guys seriously not listen to the briefing?" Riley asked Dustin and Adrian, irritated.

"What? Of course we did!" Adrian claimed. "We totally paid attention!"

"Yeah! What do you think we are? Stupid?" Dustin added.

"Well, okay. Sorry for doubting you two." Riley said with a hint of sarcasm, seeing through their claims.

"Yeah, that's right!" Adrian said, proud of himself.

"But seriously, what're we looking for again?" Dustin asked.

"I'll just tell you guys when we're on the ground." Riley answered with a sigh. "It'll be a lot easier that way..."

"Alright, cool." Adrian responded.

After a little while, the helicopter touched down on the Antarctic floor, signalling the group to leave.

"Alright, time to go." Riley told the group. "Goggles and masks on, grab your weapons and move out."

The group put their googles over their eyes and a black mask over their faces, gathered their SOPMOD M4A1 rifles and started to leave the helicopter. Riley, however, was only armed a pistol and a net gun to aid in capturing the SCP.

They left the helicopter and they were immediately greeted by the cold wind of Antarctica.

"Man, this place is freezing cold..." Dustin commented.

"Well, better get used to it if we're gonna capture this SCP." Riley replied. "Anyways, follow me. The Foundation had a track on them."

Then they saw a figure running through the snow, and the group noticed. Dustin immediately pointed his gun at him and Riley noticed.

"Dustin, hold your fire." Riley told him.

"Holding..." the athlete replied.

Riley then turned to the figure.

"Who are you?" Riley called out to the figure.

No response.

"Answer or we'll shoot!" Riley called again. "Who are you?"

"Please, no! Don't shoot!"

The figure revealed to be a soldier of the Foundation. He was wearing navy blue winter clothes, goggles, and a black mask. He seemed to have only a pistol to defend himself with.