Chapter 108: SCP-507

A man had been teleported into a different reality; he didn't seem to be fazed by this, as he was already used to it, and began to look around his surroundings. He found himself in a pitch black environment, with faint breathing.

He then thought to turn on his flashlight, which he was surprised to find a man wearing a black business suit, with an impossibly wide smile.

The smiling man walked closer to the man, leaning towards him.

"Back so soon?"

The man then turned off his flashlight, pointed his firearm at the general vicinity of the smiling man and opened fire. After doing so, he curled up into the nearest corner and shut his eyes tight.

After few seconds, the man had shifted back to our reality.

-----

A few days had passed by since the athlete's recovery, and all had seemingly returned back to normal. The group were eating lunch together in the cafeteria, together with Cain.

As they were eating, someone was missing.

"Hey, where's Freddie?" Dustin asked.

"Oh yeah, now that you mention it..." Adrian looked around him. "Where is he?"

"Drista, you should know where he could be, right?" Athena asked the tomboy, which made her surprised. "Did something happen to him?"

"I... I don't know where he could be..." the tomboy answered. "We talked for a bit a while ago but... that was the last time I saw him."

"That's weird..." Iris spoke up. "I thought for sure you're the one who would know where he'd be."

"What's that supposed to mean?" the tomboy asked.

"You know what she meant, Drista." the joker responded. "I mean if you didn't make the cut for him, you can talk to us."

"What are you going on about?"

"You tell me that, Drista. Did you two have a lovers' quarrel or something?"

"Adrian, you better shut the hell up before I--"

"Alright, you two, that's enough." Athena spoke up, wanting to stop the two from arguing. "I don't want this argument to escalate."

"Fine..." the two responded.

"I wonder where he had gone..." Cain spoke up. "I hope he's okay."

"We'll figure that out, Cain..." the researcher reassured the SCP. "Though it doesn't help but make me slightly worried about him."

"That makes all of us..." the joker responded.

"Oh, it's twelve-twenty-seven already!" Athena looked at her watch, then stood up from her seat. "Sorry guys, I have to go. I have a scheduled testing with Jaina in a few moments."

"Hey, let me come with." the athlete stood up.

"Dustin, no." the researcher told the athlete. "I want you to take things easy, not follow me around."

"Thea, I'll be fine." the athlete persisted. "Besides, some added security during the testing wouldn't hurt, right?"

"Dustin, it doesn't require any..." the researcher then sighed. "Fine, if you want to follow me, then feel free to do so. If you feel weak at any point, then you're heading straight to the infirmary. Understand?"

"Yeah, I got it, Thea..." the athlete nodded. "I'll be fine, don't worry."

"Let's hope so..." the researcher replied. "Now, come on."