Chapter 61: SCP-650

The group had waited for the main lights to come alive, and had remained in the security room until the site technicians had fixed the disturbance.

Athena couldn't help but worry about her best friend's safety, since he was with a relatively dangerous SCP at the moment.

"Hey Athena, you alright there?" Adrian asked. "You look spaced out for a second there..."

"Yes, I'm fine... it's just..." Athena nodded, then asked a question. "Are you certain that Dustin's going to be alright?"

"Yeah, I'm sure he's gonna be fine." Adrian answered. "I mean, he's a tough son of a bitch. He can stand on his own."

"I know that... but I can't shake the thought that he might be in danger..." Athena spoke. "It's just him with a Keter-Class SCP..."

"I'm sure he's fine, Athena." Drista reassured. "He can handle the SCP, just like the others that he dealt with..."

"Freddie?" Athena turned to the peacekeeper, wanting to know his thoughts.

"I'm sure that Dustin's fine..." Freddie reassured. "Yeah, I understand that you're worried about him... but he had gone through this before."

"Yeah, so he's fine." Adrian interjected.

"I hope so..." Athena sighed.

The group remained there for a few more seconds, until the main lights had turned back on and the emergency lights had turned off.

"Huh, guess they fixed it...?" Drista asked.

"Attention, all site personnel." Captain Polonskaya's voice rang out through the loudspeakers again. "The site technicians have solved the electrical interference. I encourage everyone to return to their posts, and if there are any escaped SCPs, recontain them immediately. That will be all."

The group then noticed that the monitors had come back to life, although currently running a security check before fully functioning.

"Alright, guess everything's back to normal." Adrian said. "Kinda..."

"Still, I'm a bit worried about Dustin..." Athena replied. "What if something had happened to him during the interference?"

"I'm sure he's fine, Athena..." Drista reassured her. "I mean, he handled a few SCPs before, and I'm sure as hell that he can handle this one."

"Even so, his safety can be worrisome..." Freddie replied. "He puts himself in immediate danger, even though he didn't have to..."

"Yes, it's really irresponsible of him." Athena nodded. "Even though that is his thought process..."

The monitors then accessed their individual cameras one by one. By the time the last monitor had accessed its camera, in SCP-1504's containment cell, they noticed what had happened to the athlete.

"Dustin?" Athena blurted.

There they saw an unconscious Dustin, laying down on the padded floor. They also saw the unloaded gun and the bullet casings near him from the SCP's scene.

"He looks like he got knocked out..." Adrian reacted.

"How long has he been like that?" Drista asked.

"I dunno... but let's hope that he hasn't been like that for long." Freddie answered. "Come on, we have to make sure he's okay."

"Right..."

With that, the group had left the security room and made their way to SCP-1504's containment cell, to make sure that the athlete was okay.

-----