Chapter 31: SCP-871

The group, together with Cunningham and Sodokin, were being led by Athena to a testing of a peculiar group of SCPs. They had travelled to a different site for this testing, since it had contained the SCPs there.

They were walking down the hallway, following the instructions of the guards on site to arrive at the containment cell of the SCPs.

"So, what is your testing for us today, Athena?" Freddie asked.

"Well, I was wondering if any of you are hungry..." Athena answered. "Then we can properly begin the testing."

"Yeah, I could eat." Adrian responded.

"Sure, I guess..." Drista spoke.

"Yeah, same here." Cunningham added.

"Yeah, sure." Dustin agreed.

"Well, if everyone is hungry then we can go through with the test..." Athena spoke. "Trust me, you're all going to love this SCP. Well, there are quite a number of these SCPs..."

"So, what are these SCPs exactly?" Freddie asked.

"Well, you remember when I said that there's a 'Self-Replicating Cake' SCP?" Athena answered. "Yeah, that's the SCP we're going to be testing on."

"Wait, we're going to eat cake today?" Drista asked, her eyes lighting up.

"Yes, Drista..." Athena nodded.

"Yeah! Can't wait!" Drista said, excited.

"Man, Drista's really excited about this testing." Cunningham noticed. "Does she like cake that much?"

"Ari, she doesn't like cake..." Dustin corrected. "She loves cake. It's just her favorite food."

"Yeah! Any type of cake, I'll eat it!" Drista added. "Just make sure it tastes good, then I'll eat it."

With that, the others began to talk amongst themselves. Freddie was a bit curious about the SCP, so he thought to ask Athena about them.

"Athena, you said SCPs? Does that imply that there are more than one of the self-replicating cake?" Freddie asked.

"Yeah, two hundred thirty-seven total cakes to be exact, and all of them are under the same label." Athena nodded. "All of them vary in appearance and size, from a miniature cake weighing 15 grams, to a 2 meter cake weighing 22 kilograms."

"And are these dangerous in any way?" Freddie asked again.

"I wouldn't be subjecting you guys into the testing if they were dangerous." Athena answered. "The only anomalous thing about the cakes is in their name. Self-replication."

"What's their classification?" Freddie asked.

"Because of their properties, they're all classified as Keter." Athena answered, then began to explain. "If no human consumes one instance for twenty-four hours, then another cake will materialize and the damage done to the original cake will be repaired. If an uncontrolled outbreak were to occur by one instance, then the Earth will become uninhabitable within eighty days.

"But what if the cakes were to be destroyed, or eaten by an animal?"

"Then, whatever damage done to the cakes will be replaced instantaneously." Athena answered. "If it is fully consumed by a human, then it would be replicated in twenty-four hours."

"I see..." Freddie understood. "Well, I guess Drista's very excited about it..."

"Yeah, maybe you should check on her?" Athena suggested.

"Yeah, sure."

Freddie then trailed behind Athena to talk to the others and in his place, Adrian came.