Chapter 70: SCP-527

Adrian was inside a common room of the site, a bit bored. He was pacing around the room, trying to figure out what to do to pass the time.

"Yeah, there's nothing to do in here..." Adrian said to himself, then looked to see a nearby coffee pot in the counter with a portion of coffee left. "Coffee sounds alright I guess..."

He then grabbed a cup from one of the cupboards and heated up the coffee pot slightly. After a while, he took the pot and poured himself a cup of coffee. He drank some of it and realised that it was pure black coffee.

"Jesus Christ, how do people drink this?" Adrian asked. "Maybe there's some creamer around somewhere..."

Adrian started to look around in the cupboards for some creamer and he added it into his coffee. He then preoceeded to drink it again.

"There we go, much better..." Adrian said to himself.

He proceeded to drink more of the coffee, then thought of some coffee jokes to entertain himself.

"The coffee thought that it was strong, but the creamer absolutely creamed him." Adrian chuckled slightly. "That showed it what for..."

He took another sip of the coffee and started to tell another joke.

"What do you call a sad coffee?" Adrian asked. "A depresso..."

After he told the joke, he didn't chuckle at all.

"Yeah, that was trash..." Adrian muttered.

"I think that it was alright, mate." a male voice suddenly said from behind the joker. "You trying to be a comedian or something?"

"Yeah, I guess so..." Adrian responded, turning around. "Who asking...?"

Adrian's speech trailed off as he saw who he was talking to.

It was a humanoid male, with the head of a gold barb fish. He was wearing a suit and tie, and is of average height.

The joker became a bit frightened at the sight of the SCP, thinking that it was a sort of conscience to stop eating seafood.

"Is there something on my face?" the SCP asked. "Do you see something that I can't, Mr. Comedian? Anyway, how's about another joke?"

Adrian didn't say anything back to him, but instead ran past him and through the door.

"Hey, mate, where are you going?" the SCP asked the joker, then sighed as he didn't respond. "Ah, what's his problem?"

-----

Adrian had called Freddie, Drista and Dustin, and told them about what he saw in the common room. The three didn't believe it so he dragged them over to the common room, where found the SCP.

"So let me get this straight..." Dustin tried to recapitulate what Adrian had said. "You saw a fish man, in the common room earlier and he was talking to you..."

"Yeah, it's probably going to get me because of all the seafood I ate over the years..." Adrian replied. "It's just weird..."

"I don't believe it till I see it..." Drista spoke up. "For all we know, you could be messing with us..."

"Yeah, that does sound like something you would make up..." Dustin agreed with the tomboy.

"I'm serious, guys!" Adrian pressed. "Just head over there, and he's probably there!"

"We should give him a chance, guys..." Freddie spoke up. "Even though it sounds farfetched, he could be telling the truth..."