Chapter 52: SCP-2006

In a small town in Iowa, two children were playing around in the nearby forests as usual. They had easily navigated the forest, as they knew the forest in the back of their hands.

One of the children was a boy, and the other was a girl. They had been friends for a short while and they travel in the forest to get away from the real world for a bit.

"Come on, Amy!" the boy called out. "This way!"

"Yeah, but slow down!" the girl called back. "I can't follow you if you keep running so fast!"

"Maybe you should run faster!"

The boy was a fair distance away from the girl, with her trying her best to follow him. The two had travelled through some rocks and fallen trees, until they have arrived at their destination.

They made it to their hangout spot; a sturdy wooden bridge with guard rails, sitting above a rapidly flowing river. The two children then stepped on the bridge, and made their way to the middle.

"Alright... we're back here." the boy said, turning back to his friend. "And best of all..."

The boy turned back to the surrounding forests, facing upstream of the river.

"We have this whole forest to ourselves!" the boy exclaimed, arms wide open.

"Dylan, we always go here..." the girl bluntly told her friend. "And... I'm still a bit weirded out about this whole forest..."

"Oh come on, stop being such a scaredy cat, Amy."

The boy then started to climb up the guard rails of the bridge, much to the girl's surprise.

"What are you doing, Dylan?" the girl asked, worried. "You're gonna fall!"

"I'll be fine, Amy." Dylan reassured as he sat down on the guard rail. "Stop being so uptight for a bit."

"What if you fall?" the girl asked.

"I won't." the boy responded. "Besides, nothing here in this forest scares me, unlike you."

"I'm not scared!" the girl interjected. "It's just... it's just, I'm a bit... cautious about the things around me."

"You sound scared to me..."

"I am not!"

"Whatever, Amy..." the boy responded. "Anyways, the point is... there's nothing here, so you don't need to worry about--"

They heard some twigs breaking with leaves rustling. The two heard the noises, which made the girl afraid.

"W-What was that?" the girl asked, looking around.

"Relax, Amy." the boy reassured, looking back at the river. "It's probably like a deer or something."

"B-But what if it isn't?" the girl turned to him. "What if it's something bad?"

"Amy, stop being such a scaredy cat." the boy pressed. "I'll say this again, there's nothing out here. Nothing to--"

"BOO!"

The sudden voice had scared the two children, making the boy fall into the river in the process. The boy popped up his head, but he was brought by the speeding water currents.

"Dylan!" the girl shouted, seeing this unfold before her very eyes.

She turned around to see something that made her freeze in place; a gorilla-like being with a space helmet, referencing something from an old horror movie.

"Little girl, be afraid!" the being told her. "Beware my presence!"

The girl slowly backed away from the being, until she started to run down the river to rescue her friend from any harm. The being watched the girl, as she was gaining distance away from it.