Chapter 28: SCP-343

The group were being led by Athena, just so she can show them a rather peculiar SCP.

"So, what's the SCP we're testing today, Athena?" Freddie asked the researcher.

"Oh, it's a Safe-Class SCP, and proves to be a way for Foundation personnel to relax a little." Athena answered. "It's a good thing that Jaina wanted me to take you to him."

"So, what is it?" Drista asked. "Is it a person or something?"

"I'll tell you all about it when we get there." Athena answered. "But for now, all I can say is that... he's a bit eccentric."

"You really like being secretive, Thea. Kinda freaking me out." Dustin noticed. "You're not really this secretive about things back then."

"Yeah, you're just running around and telling Dusty every minute of what happened." Adrian added, then cleared his throat and attempted to imitate Athena's voice. "Hey, Dustin! I just got my new glasses today! What do you think?"

"I don't sound like that!" Athena shouted, which made the others laugh.

"I dunno, Thea..." Dustin said, chuckling. "Kinda sounds like it to me..."

"I thought you're on my side, Dustin!"

"Besides, you're just trying to tell Dustin about your problems and everything." Adrian spoke. "Probably some intimacy, wink wink."

"Yeah, you guys are really close." Drista added. "It's gotta be fate, right?"

"I'm also kinda convinced." Freddie finished.

"We've just been friends since childhood, longer than any of you, and I've turned him down multiple times." Athena countered. "It has to be the certain circumstances for it to happen."

"What's it gonna take then, Thea?" Dustin asked. "I've been working on it for a long time now."

"You're still not giving up on that, huh?" Athena asked, emotionless and a bit peeved. "Well, if you can't find anyone else then I'll think about it, but for now I'm certain that you already found someone."

"I don't think so..." Dustin replied.

"Howdy, y'all!"

The group turned to see that Cunningham waved to them with a beaming smile on her face, with Sodokin right behind her.

"Hey, Ariel." Freddie greeted back, along with a few more greetings from the others.

"What're y'all up to?" Cunningham asked.

"Athena's taking us to see an SCP." Freddie answered.

"Sounds fun, can we tag along with ya?" Cunningham asked, her beaming smile shining brighter.

"Sure, if you want." Athena answered. "Jaina didn't give me a limit on how many people to bring so... sure."

"Awesome! So what is it?" Cunningham asked once more.

"You'll know when you get there, I wouldn't spoil the surprise." Athena answered. "It's a Safe-Class SCP and he's a nice person."

"I see..." Cunningham understood.

With that, the group continued walking towards the containment cell of the SCP. They spent the remainder of the time talking, with Cunningham telling stories about her and Sodokin.

-----

"Yeah, and he got jumped by this racoon." Cunningham continued her story. "He didn't see it walking 'round and I didn't know what to do."