Chapter 123: SCP-3199

Five military jeeps had arrived at their destination, five hundred metres in the town outskirts. The commander inside the frontmost jeep commanded all vehicles to stop.

"Alright, all stop. Hunter One and Hunter Two, form a defensive perimeter, move."

The occupants of the other jeeps, consisting of the mentioned teams, exited the vehicles to do as instructed.

All of the operatives were armed with military-grade weapons and equipment. They all had patches on their right sleeves, signifying their allegiance.

After the defensive perimeter is formed, the occupants of the first vehicle had exited themselves. Three of them were wearing berets, while the last had a helmet, same as the rest.

"Everyone, rally up!"

Select members from the perimeter force had rallied with the commander, awaiting their orders.

"I want everyone to cover the entire town..." the commando told the force. "I want each and every one of you to clear the town of any of these anomalies. If there are any civilians, make sure they're evacuated to a safe location. I don't want any nonsense from any of you, understand?"

"Yes, sir!"

"Good, now let's move." the commando turned to the drivers of the vehicles. "You guys, keep the jeeps out of sight. I don't want anyone to know we're here."

With that, the military force began to move towards Morganstown, whilst their vehicles were made concealed by their drivers. As the commando walked, his three companions walked alongside him.

"Are you sure this is the place, sir?" the commando's right-hand man asked.

"Positive, Zaire..." the commando nodded. "Since when has Chang been wrong about locations?"

"Well, this is Chang we're talking about, boss..." a female voice spoke up from his left side. "For all we know, he could be messing with us."

The girl was of a slightly above average height, with short blonde hair reaching to her shoulders, blue eyes and fair skin.

She had her military kit, with her Norwegian flag patch on her right sleeve, and had a tactical hatchet slung behind her.

"Then there's no harm in checking, Rika." the commando replied to her. "Besides, we could miss out on someone having abnormal abilities."

"Yeah, sure thing, boss..." the Norwegian opeative looked behind her, then back at her superior, now whispering. "You sure you have to bring her along?"

The commando and the other two looked behind them, seeing their new recruit looking around the area for any danger.

The young girl was of average height, had short brown hair reaching just below her shoulders, brown eyes and fair skin.

Her military kit was nothing out of the ordinary; she had her American flag on her right sleeve, signifying her nationality. She looked cautiously around her, undeniably nervous about the mission.

"Well, experience is the best teacher..." the commando answered the Norwegian operative's question. "Think of this as her rite of passage, just to see if she can handle herself."

"Well said, sir." the commando's right-hand man nodded in agreement.

"Alright, boss..." the Norwegian operative nodded.

With that, the main force continued onto the outskirts of the town. As they arrived at about two hundred metres from the town, the commando held his fist up, urging all of the operatives to stop.