2: Half a Year Later 2

(A/N: Please do not proceed if you haven't read BOOK 1 yet.)

During their first week of stay there in Q Province, Yumi received a letter from Doctor Erasmus.

He told her that during his last conversation with Lolo Pikit, the old man told him that Yumi had already passed all her lessons from him.

This news, somehow, made Yumi sad rather than happy. After all, she still partly blamed herself for Lolo Pikit's death.

She slept all morning that day.

She was complacent and thought that her lolo was already fine.

She didn't even confirm that.

It was too late for her when she came to his tent then.

If she only arrived earlier, she could have done a follow up accupuncture to him.

But she just slept all through morning.

Anyway, Doctor Erasmus also said in the letter na ang susunod niyang guro ay ang Mama niya mismo.

He seemed to already talk to her when she came and visited him. And she agreed willingly. After all, why would she reject teaching her own daughter, right?

Kaya naman, sa mga sunod na araw at buwan, Yumi got busied by learning from Amelia.

The woman, as Yumi would describe, was a very good teacher.

She quickly let Yumi take cases right away. While doing so, she guided her with what she was supposed to do next.

Aside from that, Amelia taught her about indepth medicine. She let her learn about the easiest ways to cure these and those diseases and illnesses. Same goes with trauma cases and the likes.

And just this week, they began learning about Pill making.

Koshi, who was also taking the same course, would join them pagkakauwi niya galing sa school.

He and Victoria both enrolled in local colegio there in Q Province.

They had no choice kundi ang mag-enroll doon. Lalo na at mukhang wala ding balak pa na bumalik si Yumi sa L City. Kesa naman tumigil sila, di ba?

Going back, Yumi and Koshi were learning pill making at the moment when suddenly raised a topic about L City.

"You know, some of these ingredients in pill making are abundant in L City. That's actually one of the reasons why I went there."

Agad namang napatingin si Koshi kay Yumi only to look down again on his own cauldron.

It was evident that their entire stay in Q Province was dependent on Yumi. If she decided to go back in L City, then they would all go back. But if not, then they would be stuck here.

Not that it was a bad thing at all.

But for Koshi, it would cause him slight disappointment as he made a plan for himself when they go back to the city.

"Mama, do you want to go back to L City?" Yumi suddenly asked.

Amelia was a bit surprised when Yumi asked that casually while she was still busy with refining of the ingredients in front of her.

"I will if you only want to." She answered after a while.

"Should we go back then?"

"Are you better now? Are your heart and mind ready?"

Yumi stopped what she was doing and sighed.

"I will never be better, Mama. I will be forever grieving. But I understand that we all need to move forward since we are still alive. Lolo would want that for us... for me."