Epilogue 3

"So you are saying that you have chosen the modern times." Kami stated.

He was still overwhelmed by Yumi's story. After all, it had too much impossible things in there. But she trusted that Yumi wouldn't lie to him about it right now.

If she said those magical things had happened to her, then it must have really happened. Yumi couldn't invent that kind of fantasy story on her own. She had no imagination, you know. She didn't even know any fairytales except for Snow White Grimm Brothers version which the only fairytale her master had read to her when she was new under his tutelage.

That story was engraved in her mind since her young age. It opened her mind about how much scheming people were despite them being your own family. And it must also be the reason why she loved apples... and poisons too.

Anyway, Yumi just sighed as she nodded at Kami.

"Didn't the little girl say that she doesn't know if I would be able to live here? Why would you still choose this time? You could have just stayed there and negotiated with that little girl. Hindi ka na sana nalayo pa sa pamilya mo."

Yumi suddenly flicked Kami's forehead.

"Ouch! What's that for?"

"You are really stupid. If you encounter that little kid, baka mas malala pa ang pambubudol na gawin sa iyo nun."

"What do you mean?"

"She told me first, that since we eradicated the Puppet Pill completely, we gained a chance to live our lives in this era. Although she said she didn't know when I asked her if you would live here, she had already given me the real answer before I even asked that.

"When I arrived here, I was at that forest again, Kami. I was in the middle of that mission again. But I didn't continue doing that. Instead, I rushed to come back in the IO headquarters kung saan alam kong naroroon ka.

"However, I was still late when arrived there. They beat you to pulp. Of course, I took revenge for you and beat them thoroughly too. But when I brought you here at the hospital, the doctor said you are barely hanging there.

"Still I did not lose hope. I contacted your lolo and he was the one who made sure that you would still be attached to machine even though it was already a year that you are in coma."

Kami was silent after he heard what Yumi had done for him. He was also somehow feeling conscientious.

He knew Yumi had chosen over her own family. She chosen him because of their promise back then about dying.

"Yumi, you really didn't have to do this."

"If it was me in that situation, you would do the same for me too."

That rendered him speechless.

Because Yumi was right. He would really do the same too.

But he only had Malia in the ancient times. Although he felt bad leaving her behind, but at least she was just one person mourning for him.

As for Yumi... She had her whole immediate and extended family. Plus, her kids were all very young.

"Don't worry, Kami. I have a plan. Now that you are awake we can finally work together to accomplish that."

"What is it?"

***

Several days later...

"What's the cake for? Birthday ko ba?" Kami asked when Yumi came back na may dala dalang cake.

She put it on top of a table and even lit three candles on it.

"Not you but my children. My twins are celebrating their first birthday today and three days later, si Amie naman na dalawang taon na. I may not be with them right now but at least I can tell them that I celebrated their birthdays."

Kami couldn't help feel8ng hurt for Yumi.

She sacrificed so much for him. Somehow, he felt terrible because of it. He shouldn't have made that promise kung alam lang niya na ganito ang mangyayari.

"Come on. Let's sing for them."

And sing they did.

After that, sabay din nilang hinipan ang  apoy ng mga kandila.

Yumi gave Kami a spoon and they began to eat the cake.

"Anyway, I have news about the Adarna necklace." She said while eating the cake.

Since Kami had woken up from his year-long slumber, mas inigtingan ni Yumi ang pagttrack kung nasaan ang Adarna necklace.

The plan she was talking about the last time was actually about that jewelry.

She believed that it was the reason of their transmigration to the ancient times before. So it possibly also was their key to get back there.

When she came back in this era, she was in the middle of stealing the necklace again. But she didn't continue the mission that night and prioritized saving Kami's life instead.

However, the Consul General of S Country had become aware that there were threats towards the Adarna necklace. Someone tipped him off that there were people who wanted to steal the necklace.

And so he secretly transported it into different places.

For a year, while she was waiting for Kami to wake up, she was also tracking the whereabouts of the necklace at the same time.

But since she could only act limited during those times because she couldn't leave Kami, she somehow lost track of the necklace.

Anyhow, Kami had already awaken. So just some days ago, she was able to retrace the track of the Consul General. She was gone for days at ngayon lang siya nakabalik muli.

"Tell me." Kami urged Yumi. He was also munching the cake.

"The Consul General is back in S Country. However, I don't think he still have the necklace. These past few months, he met several important people from various countries. The possibility of him handing down the necklace to one of these people is huge."

"Then our next goal is to figure out who are these people. Afterwards, we will investigate them one by one whether they have encounters with the necklace then."

Yumi nodded as an agreement to what he had said. Then after swallowing the cake she just put in her mouth, she said, "Kami, you better recover as soon as possible. Your tracking skill is better than mine."

"You mean my technology skill, eh? Are you regreting now that you do not take seriously our technology class back then?"

"It is not my forte but yours. At saka kaya ka nga nandito, di ba? If I will be an expert of everything, then ano pang silbi mo?"

"Tch..." Kami could only react. Minsan talaga ayaw magpatalo nitong babaeng ito eh. "You are a doctor too. Why don't you help my body recover quickly then?"

"Hmmn... I can do that. I need ingredients though." Then she stood up. "Eat the rest of the cake. I will come back as soon as I have collected what I need and produce a tonic for recovery."

Hindi na hinintay pa ng babae na sumagot si Kami. Sumunod na lang na alam ng binata, mag-isa na siyang muli sa kwartong iyon at may kalahating cake pa siya na kailangang ubusin.

Kami just shrugged to himself and just continued eating.

***