26: Guild Meeting 2

"Ehem... Mateo, are you sure Sancho owned this place?" Kami diverted everyone's attention and asked Mateo instead.

The two were still glaring at each other so he might as well took over this meeting.

"Yes. I have my people observe the place for almost a year now. No one with high titles came there except for Sancho."

"I see..."

"If this little devil still want to attack that place, we must send reconnaissance there first. Who knows if an expert is actually hiding there?" Rui insisted.

Yumi no longer argued with him but she was pursing her lips on her side.

"I agree." Kami said. Then he looked at Yumi. "Do you have any objection, Boss?"

She shook her head.

Kami sighed in relief. He knew na nadala lang ng emosyon niya si Yumi kanina. Rui's scolding made her think clearly by now.

Well, the last time she used her emotion to deploy the whole guild was when they destroy Mateo's hidden barracks.

They were fortunate because it was Mateo's barracks and he had no intention to retaliate towards them. But if it was another people's ownership and they decided to attack back, the guild would surely suffer.

So far, yun pa lang naman ang instance na ginamit ni Yumi ang guild because of her too much anger but Kami guessed, Rui learned from that last time and decided that no matter how angry Yumi was, but the next time she commanded them like that without thinking properly, he would be willing to play as devil's advocate and contradict her then.

"Alright. We will handle the reconnaissance. How about you go home now? Mateo can bring you home."

Yumi glared at him. "I am not a kid for you to send me away. I want to hear this reconnaissance plan of yours."

Kami shrugged and then asked the team leaders to move forward the table so they could see the sketch clearly.

However, when Xun Xue and Xun Bao saw  the drawing properly, they began to frown.

"What's wrong?" Yumi asked them.

"Boss, we have seen this insignia before." Xun Xue said.

Yumi didn't need to look at the drawing again just to figure out which insignia Xun Xue pointing out.

"Go on."

"When we were doing trade missions in L City, we would also go to different cities and provinces according to the request of the traders. This insignia had been in different cities." Xun Bao said.

"Since Boss said that this drawing is a secret base, then those places might be the same."

Yumi, Kami and Rui looked at each other.

They began to be serious by this information.

Yumi, who wanted to attack the place quickly, began to hesitate. If this secret base had been in different places too, then this wasn't an easy matter anymore.

Although Sancho owned them but for him to have set these secret bases in different cities and provinces meant that something big was attached to this.

"I don't think we should send reconnaissance." Yumi said.

"Un... Secret infiltration is the best option." Kami quickly agreed.

"I want to personally do the infiltration. Kami, let's go together."

"I can't."

Yumi was stunned by the quick rejection of Kami. What the heck?

She frowned while looking at him.

"I am busy. I told you that I am working on a project."

Yumi's face turned to grimace.

Of course, she knew Kami very well.

Once he began working on a project, mahirap na yang istorbohin pa.

Damn aircraft...

"Rui then."

"I also can't." Bago pa man makapagtanong si Yumi sa kanya, he already began explaining. "Matatapos na ang buwan, I will need to prepare for going back in L City."

With this reason, Yumi was rendered speechless.

After all, she didn't want to be the reason why Rui's and Narcissa's once a month rendevouz to be postponed.

But this matter was urgent. She needed to ascertain these secret bases as soon as she could.

"Fine. I can go alone anyway."

"You don't have to go alone. Why don't you bring Mateo with you? Tutal naman ay siya ang nakadiscover ng secret base na ito." Kami suggested.

He said it casually but there was a glint in his eyes na agad din namang nawala.

In his mind, if he helped Mateo in creating opportunities to be with Yumi, he might get easy on him when he decided to pursue Malia in the near future.

"Little wife, I think so too. We can infiltrate these secret bases together." Mateo, the opportunist, of course, quickly took advantage of that suggestion. His pleased expression was a clear indication of that.

Yumi rolled her eyes and said dismissively, "You'll just drag me down."

But would Mateo let her really dismiss him this soon? Then an idea occurred to him. "If I can prove to you that I will never drag you down, will you let me do it with you then?"

Yumi raised an eyebrow at him.

"Prove? Wasn't that last disappointment you give me enough proof already?" Then her eyes turned cold a bit towards him.

Kami winced after hearing those words. Yumi really didn't hold back.

Fortunately, Mateo didn't seem to mind her words. Instead, he acted as if he didn't hear what she just said then walked towards her. He leaned forward so they were face to face. "Little wife, I challenge you."

***

Kami had to give it to Mateo that he seemed to really grasp Yumi's attitude back in their previous life.

He was aware na palaging nagkakadaupang palad ang dalawa sa tuwing may malalaking misyon na ginagawa ang dalaga noon.

There were times that she would complain about Mateo's thwarting her plans. But Kami knew well that his existence back then gave Yumi's agent life a thrill.

That was because he was very skilled too. And he could face off with her really well.

Now that Mateo challenged Yumi, naturally, the latter's thirst for fighting was piqued thoroughly.

Years in this lifetime made her focus in seeking revenge on behalf of Mayumi and learning medicine.

But truth be told, she missed her life as an agent a lot. The thrill of dangerous missions. The adrenaline when she was already fighting her enemies. And the satisfaction of success. Years might have passed but she wasn't ready yet to let go of these feelings.

Anyway, since this bastard challenged her, naturally, she would accept it.

Kami was always inferior in strength compared to her.

Rui would never fight her at all.

Only this Mateo had the gall to challenge her.

Yumi couldn't hide the sparkle in her eyes. She knew this lad's strength really well from the past life. She would definitely like to fight with him again.

"Don't you dare go easy on me."

"I have no plan to do so."

"Great."

"Little wife, you will reward me after you lose."

"In your dreams."

Then the fight between them began.

***