85: New Life, New War 3

Kami finally arrived at the Deputy General mansion. Supposedly, pupunta na sana dito agad agad noon pa lamang na nalaman niyang manganganak na si Yumi.

But Rui left him something to do.

The result for that liquid he sent him just came out and he rushed here at once.

When he arrived, Rui quickly called Mateo out.

"How is she?" Tanong agad niya sa dalawa.

"She is still in labor. Around 10 centimeters dilated, according to Mama Amelia. She's at the hardest part of the labor so she's getting overwhelmed by her contractions." Mateo informed Kami, repeating just exactly what Amelia told him just moments ago.

"Poor Yumi..." Kami couldn't help saying out loud, his face full of concern while looking at the close door before them.

"Anyway, what's your findings about that liquid?"

"It has labor-inducing potion. Did Yumi take that liquid? Is that why she suddenly undergoing labor now?"

"She didn't intentionally take that. Rather, she was given that."

"By whom?"

"The Second Wife of Don Enrico."

"You are kidding, right? Gwen is Yumi's friend. Although she is now Don Enrico's Second Wife, I don't think she can do that to Yumi."

"Kami, the truth is already in front of you. Yumi isn't supposed to give birth yet. But after drinking that tea which prepared by Gwen, she suddenly went into active labor." Kunot noong sabi ni Mateo kay Kami.

Hindi naman makapaniwala ang binata dahil doon.

"Does Yumi already know?"

Mateo shook his head.

Damn, this would hurt Yumi a lot if she found out about this. It was like Sancho all over again. Not only she betrayed her but she also tried to harm her. What was worse, she did this despite knowing Yumi was pregnant.

Napahawak na lang sa ulo niya si Kami.

"It will hurt her a lot. Gwen is so dear to her."

"Does she have to know?" Rui asked.

"You cannot keep that kind of information from her. If she finds out about it from other people instead of us, she will definitely get mad."

"I will let her know but only when she is already better. Not now nor right after she gives birth. She needs to recover first without thinking about these hurtful things." Mateo told them firmly.

The two could only agree to him.

Anyway, it was that moment when both Antoine and Xun Bao suddenly came with grave expressions.

"What is it?" Sabay pang tanong nila Mateo, Rui at Kami sa dalawa.

"The Governor General is dead." The two answered at once.

Of course, the news greatly shocked the three.

What was going on? Why would the Governor General die right now?

"Tell us the details." Mateo said.

Agad namang nagsalitan sila Antoine at Xun Bao tungkol sa nakalap nilang impormasyon.

They first told them that the Governor General died after taking the medicine brought to him by Helena.

Naturally, they realized right away the implication of this. Most especially for Yumi's mother. Just that alone was enough to trouble them already.

Then the two reported na agad na dinakip sila Helena at Nero ng mga guwardiya ng Governor General.

They were the main suspects dahil na rin si Helena ang huling kasama ng Governor General before he died. As for Nero, he was locked in under the suspicion na kasabwat siya ng kanyang asawa sa pagpatay sa Governor General.

Obviously, they were seeing his ambition to be the next country leader as motive.

Then there was the mention that Don Enrico brought Doctor Benedicto to autopsy the body of the Governor General.

This quickly alerted the three of them at once.

"This is bad news. Yumi's might end up implicated by this." Kami said.

"It is most likely. Lalo pa nga at ang doktor pa na iyon ang nag-autopsy sa Governor General. Planting evidence isn't that hard for him." Rui agreed.

"Why didn't they send anyone here though? Weren't they supposed to let Doctor Amelia informed about what happened since she is his doctor?"

"Or maybe they did but someone stopped them before they could even reach here." Mateo said grimly.

"Did you mean that blasted don?" Kami asked while frowning.

No one answered him but there seemed to have an understanding between them about the situation.

"Damn... There seems to be more going on woth this situation. First, Yumi and then, the Governor General. The involvement of that don in both situation is just too much of a coincidence. What do you think?"

"I agree. Antoine, continue gathering news in the Governor General's mansion. Xun Bao, go to Don Enrico's mansion and see the situation there." Mateo commanded.

Agad namang umalis ang dalawa upang sundin ang utos sa kanila.

"What about that doctor? I think we can still prevent some things if we can take down that doctor." Rui said. Then he added, "How about I go there and stop him?"

"Go then. But if the situation is not convenient, don't do anything then and just go back here. I do not want to explain more things to Yumi if you end up hurt too."

Rui agreed and went away quickly.

Naiwan naman sila Mateo at Kami na parehas pang nagulat ng bigla nilang marinig ang impit na sigaw ni Yumi mula sa loob ng kwarto.

Then from the door, Doña Teresa came out to look for them.

"Her cervix is dilated completely. The baby's coming out now."

With that, both Mateo and Kami went inside the room only to see Yumi lying on the bed while being prepared but Amelia for the coming out of the baby.

They quickly rushed on both sides of Yumi.

"Y-you are here." Yumi said upon seeing Kami.

"Of course. I won't miss this at all." He couldn't help saying as he used his sleeves to wipe the sweats on her face.

Kami couldn't help feeling distressed after seeing how pale and in pain Yumi was.

She was always a strong lady. In his mind, her gallant being while fighting was the most memorable image.

However, he didn't expect to see her like this at all.

Indeed, giving birth was the scariest thing in this world. Imagine, it even took down this little devil.

Then he couldn't help gasping deep inside as he realized something.

The little devil got defeated by her own child. What that made the child then?

A little demon?

Little did Kami know, Yumi had been calling babies as that too for a long time now.

Indeed. It was no wonder they were friends. Their minds thought alike most of the time.

Anyway, his thought was cut off when Yumi began to have contractions again and Amelia and Doña Teresa began asking her to push.

***