97: Unwanted Visitors 1

By this time, Nero had completely lost the power over Noveno Town.

Although Yumi was still involved, but the full management of this town had fallen completely to Mateo's shoulder.

He was a very efficient leader, so much to Yumi's surprise.

Despite the fact that most of the people in Noveno Town were either Yumi's, Nero's or common citizens, he still able to get the full command of everyone.

He even convinced the common citizens and Nero's people to train under Antoine and Ivan's supervision.

Just a few months later when he began to take control, everyone were already treating him as their leader.

Yumi was silently impressed, most especially with his time management. Because on top of his overseeing the whole town, he still could go home before dinner to take care of Amie and her.

Well, she actually didn't have anyone to take care of her but Mateo insisted. He would cook for her if he wasn't that busy. He would relieve her from taking care of Amie once he got home. And he could even make sure she and Amie were drinking their medicines and vitamins on time.

Even Amelia and Don Quintin were full of admiration of how family-centered Mateo was. As for Yumi, she would be hypocrite if she would not admit feeling relieved by how efficient Mateo was.

He shouldered most of the important jobs that needed to be managed carefully.

Before they arrived in Noveno Town, she was actually already thinking of how she would manage all of them. But Mateo stepped up and just let her focus to recuperate.

Deep inside, Yumi was quite gratified to the lad. Though she wasn't ready yet to voice out her thanks to him but somehow, her attitude towards him had already better than before.

What she didn't know, the way she and Mateo treating each other were already as real husband and wife. Even Kami was thinking like that after seeing them lately. He knew Yumi was wary with Mateo even after marriage. She never trusted him completely despite the lad's effort. But recently, she seemed to be opening up to him little by little.

Kami even tapped Mateo's shoulder one day as his silent commendation for the lad.

***

"Open the gate! Please open the gate!"

One morning twilight, these shouts from the gate of Noveno Town disturbed the usually silent guarding shifts of those people on the gates.

Hindi lang naman sila ang nabulahaw ng mga taong iyon.

Several minutes after those people appeared, may nagpunta na agad sa Sybill residence upang sabihan si Mateo tungkol sa pangyayari doon.

This called happen to wake both Mateo and Yumi.

"Sleep more. I will take care of it." Mateo told Yumi na pumupungay pa ang mga mata dahil sa antok.

"It must be important for them to come here this time." She said despite still feeling sleepy. She was even preparing to get out of the bed when Mateo pushed her back.

She frowned at him at once but he simply tucked her back on bed, covering her with the blanket.

"Babalik agad ako upang balitaan ka. But you should get more sleep now." Then he leaned down to kiss her forehead before finally standing up again.

Hindi na naman nagpumilit pa si Yumi and just watched Mateo left the room. After several minutes, dinalaw na siyang muli ng antok.

***