48: Little Celebrations 2

"You also receive an invitation?" Malia asked Yumi and Victoria with surprise. It was just the second day since the pamamanhikan happened.

Unexpectedly though, the three of them received an invite from General Arturo's Mansion for "a flower viewing party".

"Malia, we are after all from Great General's mansion. Could it be that you can receive an invite and we can't?" Victoria said with an eyebrow raised.

"That's not what I meant." Malia said with indignation. She even pursed her lips together.

Natawa lang naman si Yumi dahil nag-uumpisa na naman ang dalawang ito sa pang-iinis sa isa't isa.

Well, could you blame them? Before Yumi, both of them were nemesis along side with the old pals of Victoria.

The latter might have already tamed her dark side by now, thanks to a certain little devil, but still she was having fun by teasing Malia from time to time.

"Are you worried that there might be a hidden plan for me regarding this event?" Yumi asked.

Malia nodded. "After all, your wedding date has just been decided. And then suddenly you receive this invite. Those people do not like you. So why will they invite you like this?"

"They hate you too, Malia, and yet, they also give you an invitation." Victoria said.

"Impossible! Wala naman akong ginawa sa kanila so bakit sila magagalit sa akin? Besides, I think I have received this because of Amara."

Nagkatinginan na lang sila Yumi at Victoria, at sabay pang napailing.

Sometimes, Malia's head on the game. But most of the time, she was still as gullible as before.

Yumi just shrugged. At least she was useful at certain times.

"Ladies! Good day to the three of you."

Yumi instantly rolled her eyes upon hearing this greeting. It was Kami, naturally.

Lately, he was busy because of his "project" but could still manage to come here in Medical Hall just to visit Malia.

Yumi pursed her lips and then crossed her arms on her chest.

Napalunok lang naman si Malia when she saw this.

"I bring you flowers, Malia. Please tell me you like them." Kami said as he walked past Yumi and Victoria and proceeded in front of Malia.

Yumi's lips twitched upon hearing this. This old man, ah! He actually dared to do this cringy thing.

(A/N: Kami is years older than Yumi in this lifetime. Yumi's around 24 and Kami's around late twenties. So definitely, he is also older than Malia too.)

Flowers! For goodness' sake! She would be damned if he would be able to sway Malia by just bringing her those useless plants.

But Yumi was indeed damned. Because Malia blushed a lot after she received the flowers from Kami.

"Yah, Malia... How can you be my friend if your standard is this low?" Hindi na napigilan ni Yumi ang sarili pagkakita sa reaction ni Malia.

Kami quickly glared at her.

Malia's head lowered down out of shyness.

And Victoria just chuckled.

"If I remembered correctly, Mateo gifted you flowers too." Kami argued.

"They were roomful of flowers. How can your measly flowers compared to that, eh?" Then she pointed at the flower na dala dala ni Kami. "Old man, is that the best you can do? Kung ako si Malia, hindi ko tatanggapin yan. How can a few bunch of plants show your sincerity?"